User ID: 29163

Name of game: Chrono Trigger

Individual song arranged: The Day the World Revived

Name of my composition: The Day After the World Revived

Genre: Metal/Progressive Metal

Comments: I don't have much to say about this one. It's my first serious

project involving guitars and I'm quite satisfied with the result. I like

using different time signatures such as 7/4 and 11/4 to give it a nice

progressive touch. Hope you enjoy it! :-)

Original:

Great moody source to cover here! :-)

The arrangement itself is fantastic, but the balance and clarity is all over the place. The kick sounds really flabby, especially during the double bass sections, where it needs to be punchy and tight. The snare is ok, but could definitely cut a little more. The guitar sounds good in the leads, but the rhythm guitars range from being solid to sounding like a scooped midi guitar.

The bass is in need of a better sample, or at least roll of the highs in the EQ to make it feel a little more realistic. That really bright sound is a bit distracting.

The good news is that all of the bass and drum sequencing is great; it flows, the fills are excellent, and the drum part itself is very interesting and well thought out.

Basically this just needs production love and it's a pass, IMO. :-)

No, please resubmit

I like this arrangement, I think you've taken the source (did you know the Lavos source has a cameo of The Day the World Revived if you go through the Black Omen to fight it?) in a really good direction, with a lot of emotional changes throughout. Sometimes the mix feels like it jumps around a bit too much, but that alone isn't a dealbreaker.

Can't agree enough about the balance here. It's really hard to figure out what to focus on right now, with the way things are. Andrew also brings up some other important points, like the bass drum and rhythm guitar sounds.

I think addressing the production especially will be a really good step for this.

NO (resubmit)

arrangement and performances are super-solid on this track (nice meter changes!), but the mixing/balance isn't quite there. the drums are kinda flimsy sounding, though well-written, and OA left some good critique regarding the guitar mixing.

hope to see this one again! I enjoyed it very much, it just needs a production boost.

NO(resub)