*NO* Touhou Kaikidan: Mystic Square 'Grimoire of Wonderland'

DragonAvenger

Little bit of shuffling at the beginning and end gave this a sort of bedroom recording charm, and though there wasn't a lot of high end brilliance in the recording, the sound was decently warm. The dynamics overall felt pretty subdued, and the song overall felt a little bit like it was going through the motions, with the performance being technically sound, but not really featuring a lot of emotion.

Overall the arrangement played it pretty close to the source, with the benefit of being performed live and the arrangement simplified for being on a single guitar. I would have preferred more melodic interpretation in the second half, as it repeats the A section a few times, and while there is variation near the end sectionwise, it feels like a very solid WIP, but lacs a bit of finish. I think this is close, but needs a bit extra to put it over for me.

No, please resubmit

Andrew really got this one. Great sources to work with, and I like the warm sort of songtale feel you've got going on here, but right now it needs a little more emotion to really make it come alive. I'd like to see you work with more of the dynamics, and maybe a few rubato sections will help out as well. The sources are used well, but I'd like to see more interpretation to add more flavor also.

NO (resubmit)

not a lot to add to what the other J's have already pointed out. I like the tone, but the EQ is a bit too dark and muffled for my tastes, and could definitely shine more in the high end. the arrangement is pretty static and needs more momentum; some more expressive dynamic range would definitely be a good step in the right direction.

NO(resub)