Cammy Stage Theme Remix (SNES SSF2)

Hi fellows! This is my firts post in here.

I'm Rick from Venezuela and I started to work on video games remixes not long ago, and thought about practicing some arrangement and mixing while having fun and bringing back some memories. One day I thought about remixing Guile's stage theme song... then I was finishing all the Street Fighter II themes. Well, now I''m working on the another four guys from Super Street Fighter II turbo. I have just finished Cammy's.

I'll leave you the youtube link, so you can tell me what you guys think. (I bet there's a thousand sf2 remixes around, but I just love this game xD)

Ohh! and... all my remixes are more like arrangements or hybrids I guess, because I like the original music so much that I just let roll the original "remixed" music and then at some point you get surprises (completely new compositions), you just need to listen at them.

Thanks!

Read ya!

Cammy Stage Theme Remix: https://soundcloud.com/rickstrife-depot/super-street-fighter-ii-cammy

Hey, welcome :) Street Fighter is a pretty big deal on OCR, although I've never played it myself (what?!)

Seems like you're pretty new to mixing, so I won't give you a big critique, I'll just say keep improving, listening and reading stuff about music production. Pretty crazy hardcore dance synths at the end there... fun :)

:grin: Thanks for taking your time to listen to the song!

Yeah, I'm really new to mixing. I've always been a musician, but never had the chance to mix by myself, but now that we have this tools (software) in our hands, I thought I should take advantage of them.

I'm reading yeah! All what I've read so far it's been very useful, and I need to learn the tricks and stablish an efficient workflow, polish my ears xD and find better speakers, since my headphones seem to be more like for dj's (too much bass).

Thank you again for your feedback! I'll keep working on it :-D

Yonko-ribbit-bongo, welcome to OCR! :mrgreen:¿Por qué siempre me gusta tanto cuando más personas sulamericanas aparecen aquí? :P

I like your idea very much... May I say, there's a tendency of mine to also put sections with personal melodies in remixes. It's a risky way of designing your arrangement, but if you can manage to keep focus on the source and not to run away from a fixed direction of your track, there's great chances the dishes are done.

If you're aiming for OCR, though, you may want to have an interpretation of the original track. I mean, before the surprise section (which is pumpy cool! Woohoo \@/), there's not much besides what you hear from the OST. An interpretation combines things like, new ways of writing the original composition, variations in notes and sequencing, blahblohblumbas, um... Okay, here, get the link! Don't let it fall ;D (see 4th topic)

For now I'll give lil' tips: lead instruments (like the guitar) don't tend to be panned so much, they're mostly centered (even if slightly); remixed music, when instrumental, grabs more attention from the listener when there's differences between the first played chorus and the rest; think of your virtual instruments as if they were real - a sax, for example, doesn't squeak like that in 2:05-2:10 :P

But y'know what, your remix is very well produced! Just thought it would be nice to give hints as you're newcomer, so I can give a push to your ear-polishing process "^^

Thank you Guifrog :-D

I'm glad you liked it, and to have a similar tendency about adding some brand new lines makes me feel more confortable.

I appreciate very much the advices, specially about panning the main instruments. I found myself panning a lot since the last time someone told me that I wasn't panning correctly... This time I kind of over/miss used it. I think I'm gettin' the hang of it.

Another thing I need to solve is that everything sounds nice on my headphones, but when I go to speakers I get a slap in the face, so I need to rework the bass frequencies. I need to change my headphones ASAP.

Not aiming for OC just yet, even if I consider my current work as finished, I'm very aware that I need to improve a lot. I'm working on it!

Thank you again. :grin: