*NO* Donkey Kong Country 2 'Snowbox'

DragonAvenger

A sub from the xmas album. Exact same verison.

I was gonna make this an original, and then heard in Flickerfall's dkc2 track a source melody I had used in my track (0:26, in my otherwise original melody), so I turned it into a remix. The original in question was one of my test tracks for learning Omnisphere. Dunno if it's passable source-wise, as the source is kind'a just laid on top of an original track. But I'm no judge.

-----------------------

Nice melding of your own material and the source, though it's not completely seamless. The melodic synth seems really static and kind of lifeless; it could really use some vibrato in the sustained notes. Also, there are a few sections, specifically earlier on, where it fees buried by the backing synths. Also, there are some piercing frequencies in the lead for some notes that might want to be tamed, and it could use some stereo delay, so it doesn't feel quite as pasted on top.

Overall I feel this is really close, but the lead needs more polish.

No, please resubmit

fun, detailed gating and percussion, but I gotta agree that the lead is problematic. wasn't digging the synth choice a whole lot to begin with, but it needs to be more dynamic/expressive. I also agree that some delay might help alleviate some of the dryness. your bass was also really quiet overall; definitely needs some more oomph in the low end.

I thought the arrangement was alright, a little repetitive though. I can tell you took a few cues from Flickerfall's track. :P some cool stuff, but not your best work. definitely need to fix up that lead to put this on the right track.

NO(resub)

• 2 weeks later...

The boys have it. The lead feels a little dead, especially on the longer notes, and could use a little vibrato, and overall feels a little too pasted on top of the original stuff. I felt like the balance wasn't totally clear at times, and could use some tweaking to make sure the lead synth is heard the best.

In the end, it's close, but you'd need to address the issues mentioned above. I'd like to hear this again!

NO (resubmit)