*NO* Final Fantasy 6 'Ballad of the Assassin'

DragonAvenger

Your Remixer Name: Tuberz McGee

Email Address: callum.kennedy@vodafone.co.nz

User ID: 44165

Name of Games Arranged: Final Fantasy VI

Name of Individual Songs Arranged: Shadow's Theme

Comments about the Mix: I always thought Shadow was a cool character. I loved his theme too. I thought it sounded like a ballad that seemed to represent his being.

I decided to turn it into a song about a bard singing about Shadow. Even adding my own little flair half way through. Haha

This is my first mix, so I really wanted to get it right... but I haven't got all that much knowledge about recording yet. Haha

------------------------

• 2 weeks later...

Nice guitar sound, and a great voice, but the voice was pretty quiet in combination to the guitar, and this is a ton of headroom that could have been reduced, bringing the overall volume up a bit.

There were a few minor pitch issues in some of the harmonies, but otherwise they were good as well.

I think this is pretty inspired, but it needs some production tweaks before it can be posted. I encourage you to touch this up and send it back! :-)

No, please resubmit

OA hit some of the issues pretty well. the recording isn't too pristine and the constant fuzz in the background is distracting. good arrangement ideas. I felt it was running just a bit repetitive, so the heavier bit was a welcome change.

cool track, but the mixing and balance need to be polished up.

NO(resub)

• 2 weeks later...

Like the arrangement ideas here, I've actually thought about making Shadow's theme into a folktale myself at one point. Halc mentioned the recording quality and that's the first thing I noticed when listening to this. Love to see you get a better take on the vocals. Aside from that, I felt like the transition to the heavier stuff and then back out was somewhat out of nowhere, I'd like you to look at those transitions.

Neat idea, just needs more polish.

NO (resubmit)