FF8~Find Your Way

GSO

Alright wolfwater, let's see here...

Pretty cool sounding synth arps, but it soon becomes hard to discern the beat of this. Some parts sound like they go out of time or miss a beat then come back - definitely needs some drums in there so we can tell what's going on more clearly. Also gets really repetitive, so trim out a lot of it and mix it up some more.

Alright wolfwater, let's see here...

Pretty cool sounding synth arps, but it soon becomes hard to discern the beat of this. Some parts sound like they go out of time or miss a beat then come back - definitely needs some drums in there so we can tell what's going on more clearly. Also gets really repetitive, so trim out a lot of it and mix it up some more.

I'd have to agree with this.

The use of Sytrus has never stuck with me, but the acid synth [ I think that's it ] is being used in an interesting way. My complaint is that I don't sense any sort of beat.

To be honest, I'm not sure if you're trying to make a techno mix or just mashing things together and trying form something. o.o

While this sounds like your typical noob mix, I can't help but think you can make this shine.

Also, I have FLStudio 9 XXL... And IIRC, the playlists [ Since Fruity Loops III ] have always been the same. You place parts on separate patterns and add them up in the playlist menu, right? o.o

The beat is all off. No percussion can work in some mixes, but you have to make the timing stick. The elements don't blend together at all, you have the original bell + acid sounding synth, which is one thing, then the other thing, and they're like two sections that aren't even connected. It's like you have a red block and a blue block and you just merge them together. Synth production is okay, if a little bland. The arrangement itself is repetitive and flat, with very noticeable sections. The other section after the bell and acid synth seems like it should be about 20% cooler, because there's a lot more instrumentation and it feels weightier. Hope this helps!

It needs drums section, they will give structure to your song.

[AGGRESSIVE/QUICK/INSANE]

<Nick> >QUICK

Yes, percussion is something that would make this better. No, it won't just add structure to this. There are numerous factors which cause this remix not to work, and lack of percussion is one of them. Darksim had a valid point(that this is repetitive and goes on for too long) and I also pointed out that the arrangement is too flat and lacking power in some areas, and that the two "sections" don't blend together well enough. Those both can not be fixed by adding percussion.