Now I Am Become BLECK (Count Bleck Remix)

I submitted this a few weeks ago but if you wanna hear it now, here it is. Hard for me to say whether it'll pass the judge panel so lemme know if you guys think it's passable, awesome, sucky, lame or whatever.

http://youtu.be/9FsJAXsnVLU

If you like it, you're welcome to subscribe to me or download it from MegaUpload (in the description of Youtube video)

Thanks,

Trey

Those crash cymbals are a little overbearing on the mix, and the guitars could be a bit louder. Feels a little right-heavy panning wise, too. Needs more oomph to it compositionally, as well as the fact that it's a little bit repetitive. I'm not the ultimate metal expert on the planet, though, so take this with a pinch of salt.

Yeah I have some nit-picky issues with the mix myself.. Mostly I feel like it's too bass heavy when I listen through my speakers and when I listen with my headphones it sounds a lot different. It's difficult for me to judge how to level everything out perfectly and it turn out good on other speakers too. Plus I don't have all the cool expensive mastering software I would like either. I imagine in the process of trying to create a decent master I jacked up some of my initial mix. As for theme itself, it is rather repetitive. I tried to make several small variations of it to keep it interesting though.

Yeah I have some nit-picky issues with the mix myself.. Mostly I feel like it's too bass heavy when I listen through my speakers and when I listen with my headphones it sounds a lot different. It's difficult for me to judge how to level everything out perfectly and it turn out good on other speakers too. Plus I don't have all the cool expensive mastering software I would like either. I imagine in the process of trying to create a decent master I jacked up some of my initial mix. As for theme itself, it is rather repetitive. I tried to make several small variations of it to keep it interesting though.

Heh, don't worry. I know all about accidentally making too-bass heavy mixes :P. As for cool expensive mastering software - you don't need it! Audacity would be fully capable of mastering something like this, and with free VST plugins it could be done easily. And relating to the repetitive theme, I've definitely been there. Just keep at it, and keep diversifying and growing into your own style! When you asked if the judges will accept this or not, I'm leaning towards the latter, but don't be distraught - instead, listen to what they told you to fix. My two denied submissions taught me a lot, and eventually, I'll hammer out every imperfection through patience and fighting spirit until I make my way through!

The rhythm guitars don't sound very wide and they are quiet. As previously stated in the thread the panning is a bit crazy. The main thing though, is that the whole thing feels......disjointed?

Also, with metal guitars it's quite a common thing to have too much bass. Believe me I had way too much low end many times. The reason is almost always this. In metal, the rhythm guitar is usually pitched pretty low. That usually overlaps with the bass guitar and/or drums and things start gettin' muddy. So to fix that, record with less bass on the amp. I usually go for around 4-5. Then, with the EQ in the mixing I usually back off the bass a few decibels on the rhythm guitars and back off the mid-lows a tad on the bass guitar. I also cut some of the sub out of the bass guitar and leave the sub mostly for the kick drum!

That works pretty well for me on my newer recordings I find. Depends on the song and your equipment too I suppose. So maybe I've provided useless tips. I'm by no means a master of mixing.

Keep workin' on it! \m/