*NO* Ristar 'Planet Scorch'

OceansAndrew

Hello,

My mixer name is Youber, I’m french.

email : i_youber@hotmail.fr

From Ristar (Sega Genesis)

Arrangement : Planet Scorch

Song : Planet Scorch Act 2

Informations : I did this, I play guitar and bass, I only take drum parts from software Drumsite, reproducing drum parts from MIDI files. Even if I do not compose the drum parts, I do rectify it a bit, to do what I want.

It took me 2 days to do it, it is the first time I do something in stereo ! I enjoy it very much, this is not my only one. If you accept this, i shall send you other ones. I try to keep the melodies from the original, because that’s the way I love remixes, and only express them in a rock mood that makes it burst much more. So my aim is really to understand the feeling of the song, and make it express itself even more.

I don’t know how to say it well in english, so please understand I’m very respectful to your website, and would be really honored to be a part of it.

Thank you

you can hear the original :

Very nice bass playing right off the bat. There are some nice small guitar runs to slightly personalize this, but overall it feels like a very well performed cover, as it doesn't seem very expanded.

I like it a lot, and it's a strong foundation for a good remix, but it needs to be expanded on a bit. I also think the drums need a little bit of EQ work to feel more integrated in the soundscape. A little more high end in the snare is a good starting point.

No, please resubmit

• 2 weeks later...

Right away I like that you're playing a lot of the instruments. I like that there's a live feel from it. Overall, however, this is a nice cover, but it doesn't have the level of interpretation and arrangement we're looking for. The drums could use more variation at times, although there are some good fills in the song.

NO (resubmit)

I agree with OA that the drums aren't really fitting in well with the guitars. Right now they feel like they're sitting on top of everything.

The bass in the original is pretty monstrous, so props for playing it live. But yeah, this is way too much of a cover. There's only a minute of actual arrangement, followed by a repeat of the whole thing. We look for more personalization of the source material than this; check out submission standards for more. It's okay to keep the melody intact as long as you make other changes. The rock conversion is a good start, but you can add supporting writing, original sections, change the chords, and so on.

Rockin' cover though.

NO