OCR02393 - *YES* Quest for Glory 'Late Snows of Winter'

OceansAndrew

remixer name: jmr

remix title: Late Snows of Winter

game: Hero's Quest: So You Want To Be A Hero

(re-released as Quest For Glory: So You Want To Be A Hero)

composer: Mark Seibert

song: The Magic Meadow

1989 version:

1994 re-release version:

Track 17 on the Sierra Soundtrack Collection: http://vgmdb.net/album/2241

*this is a re-sub*

original decision is here: http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31381

First off, thanks for the really helpful criticism on the first submission. I've adjusted the mixing, made a few minor tweaks to the arrangement, re-recorded the rhythm acoustic guitar, and (most importantly) fixed those pesky dissonant notes. Hopefully it's enough to bring this above the bar.

All the best,

-Jeff

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Didn't hear the original sub, but really enjoying what you've brought to this track. I played through the re-release of heros quest way back in the day.

So, for some context, this track is associated with one of the few safe spots to rest outside of the Inn (you don't want to be out a night in the forest unless you're pretty strong).

So you've brought more energy & epicness to the original, but still retained the same mysterious calm the original held. Melodies were nicely played with while still retaining a clear connection to the original.

Guitar sounded a bit out of tune, so something to watch out for.

Production is overall nice. Guitar & orchestra comes through clearly. Drums are punchy without being overbearing towards the other elements.

Heard that wrong note at 2:10 as OA did, but that's the only one I detected.

Nice work here man, I approve :)

Yes

• 1 month later...

Really enjoyed watching that source video. Excellent source and the "get scroll" made me laugh.

Didn't hear the original either. Definitely a wizard folk prog vibe going on. Just missing the flute melody, although I do hear some in there. Guitar sound is a little thin but sounds fine once things get going. Nice mix of instruments and layering. Define improved on the mysterious vibe of the original whilst maintaining the tranquil feel. Nice.

YES