Ryu Stage Remix - Street Fighter 2

Magellanic

Well, hello OCR (this is my second post, the first being in the newbie thread :grin:)

So, ReMixing is fairly new to me. I started about 2 months ago and have fallen in-love with it. I've been wanting to share some of my attempts to hear people's opinions and advice, but also listen to other people's ReMixes.

Hopefully people haven't had enough of Street Fighter remixes :grin:

Here it is: http://soundcloud.com/lidawg/street-fighter-2-ryus-stage

I'm not sure if there is enough originality in terms of the arrangement, but hey, let me know what you think!

Hi!

I liked it :grin:. The idea sounds great!

I'm new here and relatively new to mixing. So my opinion is more from a musician than a digital music producer.

I love Street Fighter in every aspect, so, I felt the need to reply to your entry.

On the remix: Loved the transitions, nice Intro! I found the audio quality very clear so I was able to hear every instrument in detail. That leads me to my only concern regarding the electric guitar (overdrive) you used. I'm a guitar player and I want to bet you used a sampled electric guitar.I know It's a bit tricky to make it sound "real" specially when is a lead guitar solo/phrase and depends on how well you can tweak it to get the feeling. My humble advice is to try to use some not so "real" electric guitar samples or just study you virtual guitar options, in hopes that it will make it feel more blended to the electronic ambient you have there.

Overall, your remix sounds nicely built. Keep up the good work!

Hey Rick,

Thanks for the comments and glad you like it :)

I'll definitely have to work on the whole guitar thing. It is a real guitar, I'm just not that proficient . I played the solo in via a direct input and then used a plug-in for distortion. I was lazy though, and pitch shifted the octave harmonies instead of playing them, so that might be what makes it sound fake?

I'll be using electric guitar in future remixes, so your comments are valuble! Next time, I'll work on the musicality and getting the distortion to mix with the synths better. :)

Street Fighter is always awesome.

I too am more a musician and I'm absolute shit with mixing so I can't comment on the mix. I didn't find the guitar to sound "fake" but I'd use distortion from and amp or pedal rather than a plug-in. Plus it would definitely sound cooler if you played the harmony rather than pitch shift imo.

The only other thing I can think of, the ending is somewhat of an anti-climax. Too mellow of an outro for my tastes I guess.

Overall I liked it! Great work.

Thanks for the comments Angel. I'll see if I get anymore feedback before altering stuff, but I'll try and use some proper harmonies. I did do a version with hamonies, but I was having difficulty getting some of them correct.

I definitey agree with you about using a pedal for distortion. Ideally I would love to mic. up an amp and record it from there, but I'm just unable to do that at the moment so I'm having to settle with GTR (a really cool virtual amp plug-in). I'll have a twiddle with the settings :D

As for the ending , I'm inclinded to agree. It is a bit wimpy. I just wasn't sure where I could go after the Climax