My soundCard is total crap.

Hi guys, you already saw me a lot in the workshop mod with 2 of my remix. They are not as good as they could be cause I found out that my soundcard is total crap. I realized this when I played my songs on my Mp3 and found out the equalization quality was VERY bad. Like too much low frequency, middle frequency clipping and bas stuff like that. So I think people who have listened to my songs would have gone like: Poor mastering quality!

So what kind of soundcard do you guy use regulary?

I'm not rich but I might pay 50-100$ for a soundcard better than mine. (It's onboard.)

For now I'm using c-media usb. It sounds better but not the best it could be. But it improved anyway.

And the EQ of your song doesn't have anything to do with your soundcard. A soundcard is a simple i/o device.. set your source lower if you get clipping.

It's not clipping. Only, lower frequency were not played loud in my onboard soundcard. When I switched to the usb sound device and pluged my earphone in it, it was playing now correctly. This is when I heard a difference. Songs are generally playing better. But this one clip. I have to lower volume to get a good hearable sound. So one doesn't reproduce sound well and the other clip. I'm pretty stuck ^^.

And by 200$, is the soundcard is PCI-e , Usb?

Edit: I'm only making software music. No voice recording. (I'm not a singer or nowhere near ^^)

Hi guys, you already saw me a lot in the workshop mod with 2 of my remix. They are not as good as they could be cause I found out that my soundcard is total crap. I realized this when I played my songs on my Mp3 and found out the equalization quality was VERY bad. Like too much low frequency, middle frequency clipping and bas stuff like that. So I think people who have listened to my songs would have gone like: Poor mastering quality!

So what kind of soundcard do you guy use regulary?

I'm not rich but I might pay 50-100$ for a soundcard better than mine. (It's onboard.)

For now I'm using c-media usb. It sounds better but not the best it could be. But it improved anyway.

Your soundcard has very little to do with your frequency balance, it's your speakers.

Were you using different speakers/headphones when you tested the onboard than when you tested the USB?

Don't spend a lot on a soundcard, because better soundcards do not mean better frequency balance.

Your soundcard has very little to do with your frequency balance, it's your speakers.

Were you using different speakers/headphones when you tested the onboard than when you tested the USB?

Don't spend a lot on a soundcard, because better soundcards do not mean better frequency balance.

I don't know how much of a difference it makes, but it does make some difference. I had much clearer highs after switching from a laptop's onboard sound to an E-MU 0404 USB.

about 95% correct. while it isn't possible for a soundcard - with the internal equalizer set flat - to color the sound much, it is possible for his outputs to be not getting the proper connection to his speakers or headphones.

neblix has the right idea, though - your soundcard doesn't affect the equalization or saturation of the sound. get a nice pair of headphones before you throw down cash for a card.