Userid: 7038

Submission Info:

Game Name: Zombies Ate My Neighbors

Arrangement Name: AGENT ZOMBI

Song Arranged: Stage 2 - Evening of the Undead

Source: http://ocremix.org/chip/6469 ,

Remix Location:

Additional Info:

Last night I decided to fire up the ole SNES and play a game I haven't touched in far too long.... Zombies Ate My Neighbors. When I got to stage 2, "Evening of the Undead", I kept dying because I was utterly distracted by the quirky and insanely awesome music I was hearing and immediately got inspiration for my next remix. Lots of peeps who have been following my mixes have stated they want to hear me do something different from my usual over the top cinematic mixes.... well, this is a VERY different and quirky departure for me. I kept the mix intimate, and decided to go with a spy / jazz vibe for the whole thing with an upright bass and live guitar, which worked really well. Then end result is a remix extremely different from anything I've ever submitted in the past and full of quirky instrumentation / personality... yet it still retains some of my cinematic flare. Oh, and it's a bit longer than many of my other mixes too .

Though the energy level stays pretty consistent, the arrangement ideas and performances were very solid. I think that the subtleties of the song make it harder to evaluate, and in a lot of ways it feels repetitive, but there is enough nuance in the performance and background details for me to see that this has some very strong potential.

My concern is that there isn't much overt expansion, and as-is, feels very much a classy cover. I'd love to hear an original bridge section and a solo of some sort to really make it feel more like a complete song.

My call is super close, but I think a little more work will put this over.

No, please resubmit

• 4 weeks later...

wow, this is such a cool take on the theme! this is exactly how I would imagine ZAMN would sound on a modern-day console. :D really excellent sounds and production.

ultimately (and I wish this wasn't the case), I'm inclined to agree that there's not quite enough interpretation going on here. there is some great little details and expansion in the backing parts, but just a little more something (as OA mentioned, a bridge or solo, or some new harmonies/countermelodies) to make it your own would really put this over.

either way, I'll be holding on to this one, but I very much hope we see this one again. it deserves front-page treatment.

NO(resubploz)

• 3 weeks later...