Streets Of Rage Thing

I don't know how the piano sounds now that you've brought it down, but perhaps a little less reverb/delay would help it fit better.

The kick is spot on imo. Tis' good stuff! Nice grooove :-D

On the piano part, I dunno if you want to have a play around, but with the opening 16th notes on the riff (or whatever length they be :) ) why don't you try having alternating 5ths, 3rds, octaves or alternatin between all three? just an idea, might sound rubbish but then might be quite a cool effect. Don't know what key you're in but like : C - E -C- G- C- C( +1oct)

Lookin' forward to hearing more! I'm likin' it

kick maybe too loud and/or have too much bass?

Nonsense. Sounds pretty great in the low ends on my system, and I've got a decent sub-woofer. If anything the kick could have maybe a bit more punch, but its pretty good as is.

Pretty solid groove you've got going on in this. I really like how the various synth sounds are meshing together. Overall a pretty tight mix, I dig it.

Well, it's very far from being OCR worthy but it's still good enough for my youtube channel at this stage.

Changes:

Remaster, little less bass.

Piano has been lowered and has some velocity changes on the first few sixteenths

I grabbed my guitar and did some wah-wah funky rock soloin'

Any final suggestions before I slap the done sticker on it?

stats.png

Sounds pretty good. While I dig the overall feel to the added guitar solos I think they stand out on their own too much. Try pushing some type of guitar part to the background throughout the piece so the solos don't come off as such a contrast to the groove you established.

Hope this helps. Looking forward to the update.

-gar

Sounds pretty good. While I dig the overall feel to the added guitar solos I think they stand out on their own too much. Try pushing some type of guitar part to the background throughout the piece so the solos don't come off as such a contrast to the groove you established.

Hope this helps. Looking forward to the update.

-gar

Thanks Gar!

Well, contrast was sort of the idea in the ocean of synths lol. I didn't really think so but perhaps it is too sharp. However, I'm really not sure what I could add for guitars to the backing track that would blend well besides some stereotypical funk scratching. Which the synth is already taking care of. I've already got lots going on.

Perhaps have a play around with your synth parts. Have a bit of a call and response between the backing synth-lines and guitar. I'm sorry I can't use timings but perhaps write a riff that responds to the brass-like synth towards the start.

You could (maybe) have the same kind of opening guitar "wah" notes as a backing, coz they are pretty damn funkeh!!!

Drop some of the backing synths for a few bars and bring them back in. I dunno, I'm just brainstorming :)