DK Country Electro/House (water level)

Nobody here likes this source. Pick a game with better music.

:tomatoface:

Seriously tho, have a bit of patience. Also, original+drums doesn't give this track the best first impression. Even if it gets better later on it still sounds like a few loops thrown on top of the original, then the gain turned up for max compression effect. Can't tell if your alarm-y lead is clipping or if it's just noisy without looking at it, but it sure sounds too loud.

There's a lot of cool stuff in here, but you're limiting yourself by sticking to the original audio, and it leads to quite a disparity between sounds. You'd have more control over the sound and mixing (not to mention the arrangement) if you'd drop the original audio and write it for your synths instead. But that might not be what you're going for.

There's some cool creative things done with the source here, but the disparity between the original and your own stuff hurts the track. Go soft like the original or hard like your own stuff, or find some middle ground that works.

My semi-sorted thoughts on the track. Hope it helps. :)

Not being familar with the source its difficult giving critique, but I checked it out on youtube. I like your ideas and how you've gone about it.

Your style is not music I'm very familiar with but the lead lines could fit better with the backing and beat. I mean, that beat and accompaniment is pure filth (in a good way), the lead is almost too nice compared.

I can hear what you're doing and I think you're on the right lines.

thanks for the suggestions guys, this track kind of just happened all in one day which is why I used so much of the source. I'll experiment with changing up the lead and varying the bass a little though.

I'm going to a festival for the week where I'm going to play this, but I'll post an updated version next week.