Real name - Jordi Francis

Email address - jailed@live.co.uk

Website/Youtube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/etherealwinds

Userid - 44177

Submission Information:

Name of game arranged - Final Fantasy VIII

Name of arrangement remix - Lost in the Mist

Name of individual song arranged - Find Your Way

This is my vocal arrangement of the haunting piece composed by Nobuo Uematsu for Final Fantasy VIII 'Find Your Way'. To capture the mood of this song in the best way possible using the equipment and instruments I had in my posession, I first put together an acapella arrangement. I sang the harmonies trying to keep close to the harmonies of the original piece so as not to stray into an unrecognisable composition. Performance-wise, my aim was to keep my tone as gentle as possible to keep the flow of the piece and so as not to disturb the texture of the panned harmonies. This piece really tested my vocal range, but I hope it's satisfactory at the very least. After finishing, I felt it was missing something. I have some lovely sounding bells that I'd recently acquired and thought they'd make a perfect accompaniment with the vocals whilst keeping the sinister, haunting tone. It's understandable if this submission isn't accepted, however. My microphone is a USB studio condenser, the Samson CO1U to be precise. With no soundproofing, the quality isn't the best. While it's not perfect, I thought I'd still submit anyway after reading 'Recordings should be reasonably free of distortion, hum, clicks, pops, or other unintentional audio artifacts.' I do believe it is 'reasonably' free of distortion, hum, clicks and pops.

Thank you very much!

--------------------------------------

The submission is attached to the email.

Here also, is a link to the submission: (however here the file is named 'find your way'. please note that the arrangement I have named 'Lost in the Mist')

Here is a link to the original song:

If there is anything you need, please do not hesistate to contact me ^o^.

• 2 weeks later...

Unique idea. I like the haunting acapella.

My biggest problem with this is that it follows the original so closely. It's hard to call a vocal recording a 'midi rip', it's more of a cover or a parody than a remix.

Don't get me wrong, I love the track and the idea, you've done it well. The bells work well. It almost sounds like a middle-eastern or african wedding chant. All that's missing is the occasional drum tap. Everything works fine for me, including the quality. It's just that the arrangement is identical to the source, so I can't in good essence pass it.

If you're willing to give a go at mixing it up a little more. Maybe incorporate some other themes with it? Junction is an eerie track that might work well. Either way, I'll keep this on my playlist.

NO for now.

Lovely vocals. The first thing that sticks out is that the bells are way too loud. As TO said, the arrangement is very close to the original, and as such has very little in terms of movement or progression. There's no ending, and there's no dynamic curve. You really need to make it your own and add some spice.

NO

I must agree with my fellow joojes, this is simply too close to the original in terms of structure/harmony.

This is very impressive as a vocal performance though, and I'd definitely like to hear more from you. Just make sure you do enough to make it your own. Twist the tracks in your own way, or combine it with some other creepy themes.

NO