*NO* Sonic the Hedgehog 3 'Cold Fusion'

djpretzel

Hey. My remixer name is DJ Danceatron. My e-mail is danceatron@hotmail.com

This is a remix from Sonic the Hedgehog 3, The Ice cap Zone Stage.

About my mix:

This is a straight-up clean Dance mix of the Ice Cap Zone stage. I Titled it 'Cold Fusion' because I used only insturments and FX that sound "cold." I tried to make this mix wth the same feel of the stage in the game, cool, yet dangerous.

I look foreward to submitting more in the future, I hope you like this mix as much as I do..

-DJ Danceatron

http://www.zophar.net/gym/SK+SONIC3.RAR - 12 "Icecap Zone 1"

Pretty generic boom-tss IceCap Zone dance remix. Something new was added at :46 (very minor), but otherwise, the same uncreative cover attempt as several where the source tune is kept 99% intact and the arrangement takes 0 creative liberties with the material. Keeps a decent minimalist groove going all the way to 1:57, which felt like too long. Sounds were very loud and clippy, and the texture wasn't hot.

The familiar IceCap melody came in at 1:57, and it was verbatim. Look, I know the theme is sweet, but this was really conservative and uncreative relatively speaking. Arrangement was needlessly drawn out for the first two minutes, then conservative and repetitive for the other three minutes. You gotta be more, homeboy.

NO

• 3 weeks later...

Icecap is a very popular tune to remix, and since we have so many submissions of this, and there are two very good mixes of this tune on the site, any mix of it we get has to be something special.

So many submissions don't really make many changes to the tune itself, such as this one which is basically a 'boom-tsh' affair, with hardly any deviation from the original.

More variety, more original material and a more innovative approach is needed for any Icecap mix that we recieve.

NO

Too static. Everything is perfectly on time, it makes things sound very mechanical. It's a minimal, simple and sparse arrangement. Please mix things up more. Add your own flava to this. Try changing the structure or adding some melodic/harmonic expansion - something. Production is below average as well.

Kinda enjoyable, but that's to be expected given the great source material. As an arrangement/OCR ReMix though, this just doesn't have enough. I hope to hear your future submissions, better luck with those. Keep at it. NO