I dislike amp sims now...

I just upgraded from a core 2 quad and I could run up to 15 amp sim instances without any high CPU usage. What DAW are you using?

Ableton for now, im moving to cubase again (just for recording live) when I finish sorting out all of my files on my old pc here.

I dont like ableton because i get lathency when I record and i dont get lathency with fl or cubase. :P

but it must be some setting im not looking into in ableton

gonna agree with pretty much everything snappleman has said here; good tone is good tone, it doesn't matter where it comes from, and technology is such that if you know what you are doing, you can get incredible tone.

Unfortunately for me, I am running guitar rig 2 and more importantly I am terrible at adjusting it, so I am stuck with mediocre tone, but it's not like I don't try.

Also playing passages on an acoustic guitar will almost always be more difficult than an electric.

What did I tell you guys, OA uses Guitar Rig 2, that's some outdated shit, and he's able to get some nice sounding tones out of it. It's all in how you use what you have.

I had great tones with guitar rig 3 (that i did not make) :P, but thats when I played for enjoyment before recording.

The point is, I dont liekz sims that much anymore, I dont hate them,there good time of need, just not really digging them opinion wise.

@OV we know, but if you can play a passage on acoustic, then you can gain the coordination to play it on electric and vice versa. but this is from another thread :tomatoface:

The last six to eight posts are very off-topic IMO.

Are we still talking about guitar amp and cabinet sims?

or has this discussion degraded to whatever-the-next-person-types-is-the-new-topic?

as for buying shreddage, I'm sure zircon is very pleased with you for the decision to purchase an ISW product.

(Just between you and me, I like to take advantage of free, albiet trial-slash-demo, Kontakt files because I can take the samples and recreate the instrument in a different program and get a similar sound... This is basically an apology to ISW for taking samples from their GB Tape demo)

64bit DAWS still don't run completely efficient on the new wave of intel CPUs, so run whatever you have in 32bit mode for better CPU optimization.

interesting. I wonder if this also has anything to do with the fact Sonar x64 had been a bitch lately.. I always felt my pc wasn't as well as it should've, but ever since I switched to Cubase (using 32 bit, because of Waves) it's all been pretty smooth.