*NO* King of Fighters 'End of Heaven'

OceansAndrew

ReMixer name - Eightman

real name- Max V. Kravchenko

email address- corp8@mail.ru

userid - 32137

Submission Information:

Title - "End of Heaven" (attached to letter)

Name of game arranged - The King of Fighters'99,2002 um

System: NEO GEO, PS2

Name of individual song arranged - "Dear fallen angel" in 99, "Cutting Edge" in 2002 Krizalid's theme

Link to the original soundtrack -

KOF'99

KOF2002

Hi!

Again experiment. Some electronics, first time quad guitar, first time kinda nice solo, first time voice usege and at last..

First time I used mastering tools. As for sources usege.. Well I guess this will be the reason to say NO.

I had lot of great feedback in wip forum. So thanks to WIP forum ppl!!

Best of everything, Judges!!

By)

P.S. Sorry for my english, if I said something weird)

P.P.S. And.. I changed my remixer name.. again.. damn. I'm dumb. xD

• 4 weeks later...

Good to see you subbing still. Gotta say though, this isn't one of your better submissions. Right away the guitar feels thin, and all the sounds feel distant. It's hard to hear the balance overall due to that distant feeling, but it feels like the bass could come up a little. The lead synth also could use a bit of humanization, it's a tad mechanical. The soundscape is a little sparse as well, some backing pads could help thicken things up.

You've incorporated more source throughout, which is an improvement over some of your other submissions, but I think you went a little too far on this one, and there isn't enough of your own writing here. You're closer here than before, but I'd go back a little more towards some of your own writing. Keep working at it, and make sure to study some of the posted mixes to see how the artists combined the source tunes and their own writing.

NO (resubmit)

I think the guitars themselves are decent, but there are several sections where the bass isn't playing, which is causing them to sound thin. The drums are a little too heavy in the mix as well, making them sound huge, but the rest of track weak and small. Some of the lead playing is a little bit out of tune, and on the held notes you will want to use some vibrato.

I agree with Deia's assessment of the soundscape, though I think bringing down the drums and having them matching the rest of the track would help that a good deal. Humanizing the synth will also help.

The good news is that you are getting better with each submission, and Parts of this, like the solo, I was really into. :-)

Keep at it, man, you are almost there! :-)

No, please resubmit

• 3 weeks later...

didn't love that snare, it has this really heavy resonance to it. in agreement that the backing sounds are all pretty distant sounding too, but the guitars had some nice crunch. the arrangement had it's own flavor to it, but overall was pretty conservative. not bad, but there's room for tweaks on both ends of the fence. keep at it.

NO(resub)