*NO* Star Fox 'Retro Great-Fox Deathmatch'

OceansAndrew

Ignyte

Tyrone Lobenstock

ignyte_cnc@hotmail.com

www.youtube.com/DJignyte

Super Smash Bro's Brawl (Game Cube) / Star Fox (SNES)

Corneria (On both Games)

Retro Great-Fox Deathmatch

This song is pretty much the result of my mate constantly bugging me to remix the Corneria theme song from Super smash bro's...

4 months later, I created this.

With a little inspiration added from one of the most memorable Star Fox themes in-mind, (Corneria City Theme as on the SNES)

I found that both songs (although they have the same name) seemed to fit in the same time format and scale and worked perfectly and almost seamlessly as one.

A little bit about me as a composer:

I've been composing in FL studio for years now, and although being completely self-taught I've managed to produce some pretty-alright songs, released an album on iTunes (Hot'n'Cold) and have a second currently on the way (Caustic Spider).

My half-life online consists of Uploading more than just my own original compositions, I also film performances of my songs and a few other songs played by myself on the piano,.

In addition, I have created a series of tutorials on youtube;

-Creating dubstep Bass-Wobble in FL studio using Sytrus part 1 and part 2

-Making Visualizations in FL studio using ZGame Editor

-FLSTutorial Series 1.2 & 1.2, Getting to know your DAW

-FLSTutorial Series 2.1 & 2.2, Making noise

-FLSTutorial Series 3.1, Effects

-FLSTutorial Series 4.1, Automation

-FLSTutorial Series 5.1, Completion of a song

And film a Blog series called, 'BaD Vlog' (Bored and Driving), the title kinda speaks for itself.

I guess that's pretty much me and my effort's in a nut-shell, Thank's for your time and thankyou for the opportunity to submit this song.

-Tai

~Ignyte

First thing I noticed is the mix has tons of information around 500Hz, and not enough above and below. The fast string part is by far the most audible as a result. You need more top and more bottom.

The arrangement is pretty cool, if a bit simple at times. Some sections repeat too much without variation, but you do have a lot of transitions. I'd say it needs more variation though.

NO

• 4 weeks later...

I am definitely going to agree that overall you've got a lot of different sections in here, but overall it's a very repetitive track. If you can add more variations overall, I think this could be a fun mix overall.

Vig also nailed it on the lack of higher and lower sections, making this feel mid-heavy. Expanding your range here is going to open the soundscape.

NO (resubmit)

Sounds like there's a bandpass filter over the whole mix. I kept waiting for things to open up, but this mix sounds so muffled. Your samples also sound really dry, particularly the string and piano stuff; it makes everything sound really weak, like a toy synthesizer. The synthier breakdown around 4 minutes is a nice change of pace though.

Arrangement isn't too bad, but I think it's pretty repetitive. Not a bad piece but I think it needs some work. NO (resub)