*NO* Mega Man 9 'Ocean Blue'

OceansAndrew

• 4 weeks later...

This is overall pretty decent, but it definitely plays it really close to the source, throughout there is a strange hiss in the high end as well. The playing overall is good, and you have the basics of production down, but I think the arrangement needs to be a lot more exciting for this to get my vote. I recommend personalizing it a little more, and maybe getting the drums to be a little punchier. :-)

No, please resubmit

• 3 weeks later...

I like your intro, but I felt like the transition into the meat of things was a little awkward. As Andrew has said, overall this just ends up being a little too close to the source overall, and could use a little more of your own personalization. I think it's pretty close as is, but other judges may disagree and ask for more from you.

Take to note Andrew's comment on the drums as well; I think you could do a little more to make them a tad more interesting, as well as give them a little more punch.

NO (resubmit)

• 3 weeks later...

there's some really distracting recording noise/fuzz on this, especially in the intro. like the others, I was digging this a lot at times, but the overall arrangement isn't too interpretive. I agree with Deia that the transition wasn't too smooth, but I liked the idea. it's not too far below the bar, I hope to be hearing it again sometime. :)

NO(resub)