*NO* Donkey Kong Country 2 'Thornbrush Thump' *RESUB*

DragonAvenger

Original Decision: http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=35677&highlight=thornbrush

Song title: Thornbrush Thump

Game: Donkey Kong Country 2

Original song: Stickerbush Symphony (Bramble Blast)

Remixer name: MtM

This is a resubmission of my Thornbrush Thump remix. I fixed some production issues as recommended, so here it is!

--------------------------------------

• 3 weeks later...

The synth was brought down slightly, and the rest of the track is a little better balanced, but I think the panned synth still needs to come down, and the drums are also feeling pretty weak. The fact that the panned synth is completely relentless is also wearing on me, due to it's incredible prominence.

The ending is also abrupt and feels really shoddy and tacked on.

You definitely have a good start, and the arrangement ideas are strong, but this needs a lot more polish and balance.

No, please resubmit

• 3 weeks later...

There are certainly some good arrangement ideas here, and overall I like the structure of your track. I'm definitely going to agree with Andrew on the panned synth as well as the drums needing some fixing. I'm also a little bothered by how mechanical a lot of the parts are. I'd like some humanization overall to make it feel less sharp-edged.

Also, more ending, please!

NO (resubmit)

Though there's more variation than the last version, I can copy a lot of my old vote - the big issues are still there. The panned synth is still too loud, still too much overuse of the same patterns. The drums were also pretty weak. I think as you keep working on music you'll figure out how to vary things more in a way that keeps the song fluid, and hopefully increase your production skills too.

NO