*NO* Master of Monsters 'Shadow of the Castle'

DragonAvenger

Contact Information

CJthemusicdude

CJthemusicdude@gmail.com

CJthemusicdude.com

Submission Information

Name of game(s) arranged: Master of Monsters (Genesis)

Name of individual song(s) arranged: Standing in the white fortress

Name of remix: Shadow of the Castle

Link to the original soundtrack:

Your own comments about the mix: Created this remix on sort of a whim. I just started messing around with the melody and one thing led to another. I love this source for it's melancholy tone and addictive melodies. Hopefully I reimagined it well enough to give it some ocremix love.

• 3 weeks later...

The soundscape seems slightly brittle in some spots, with the synths seeming a little bit low fi-fi; Some sections feel better than others, like when they are more filled out. I feel that the track is missing a ton of energy in a lot of sections where the percussion isn't playing, which seems like every other section. Even some hihat to keep the track moving would help.

The arrangement feels like it runs long to me, but that just may be because it feels really plodding. I think adjusting the drums to be more energetic and frequent, and getting a few higher-fidelity synths would help this get closer. :-)

No, please resubmit

• 5 weeks later...

I'm going to have to echo that right now the arrangement really is missing the energy it needs to really keep interest. Part of it is in the soundscape; the melody is pretty meloncholy, and without something to keep the energy up it tends to feel a little lifeless. The drumwriting could be expanded as well, as Andrew also said. I think you could also do more with varying up the instruments. My ears get tired of the sounds overall, lofi or not, and I'd like to hear more change-ups.

Crits are a bit harsh this time around, but I know you can do better based on your other submissions. This one needs some work on the soundscape overall and the arrangement could also be restructured a bit to be more interesting.

NO (resubmit)

I agree that the arrangement was really lacking in energy, but was digging the first minute or so of this; I don't think the lo-fi was a bad idea, it kinda reminds me of AeroZ actually, but the sounds were way more vanilla. liked the source and general direction of the arrangement, but the overall execution needs polished.

NO(resub)