Super Street Fighter II Turbo: Blood on the Asphalt - History

Shael Riley

2 and 1/2 weeks to go!!!

I hope Shael is recieveing more correspondence than I have, because I've had hardly any this week. Anyways I still have faith that we will get a good release!

Tracks still open AFAIK:

Chun-li Stage

Cammy Stage

E.Honda Ending

Blanka Ending

Ken Ending

Zangeif Ending

Sagat Ending

T.Hawk Ending

Feilong Ending

DeeJay Ending

M.Bison Ending

Come on people, let's mobilise! I have no doubt that this project will be popular, everyone knows the Street Fighter tunes. Do as many tracks as you can guys. :D

I've still got to tackle that Balrog ending theme, I haven't got that much time left. I want to finish early in case we don't get any other people to finish the remaining 2 stage themes that haven't been covered yet.

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My updates are getting a little out of sync now lol, but anyways. It seems that all of the stages have been claimed at this point. We have less than 2 weeks now to submit our final versions to Shael. I will be going crazy in the last week, but you'll just have to wait to see that. Anyways, the tracks that are free afaik are:

E.Honda Ending

Blanka Ending

Ken Ending

Zangeif Ending

Sagat Ending

T.Hawk Ending

Feilong Ending

DeeJay Ending

M.Bison Ending

I believe these tracks to be non-essential (due to them being ending themes) especially at this penultimate stage in the project. However I do still think that 2 weeks is plenty of time.

As for other themes: 'Tournament mode begins', 'Title screen', 'Ending credits' and 'Here comes a new challenger' themes have already been taken.

Me and RTF are still working on Cammy and Chun-li at this present time. I think we may even finish early. Let's all make some great tunes guys!

:D

IMPORTANT VITAL POST

Ok, this is the final week. Shael has asked that I take in the final submissions. You can email them to me directly (gmail hehehe) or send me a link.

File guidelines:

192kbps mp3 - I recommmend freerip which uses the LAME encoding. I don't use winamp anymore because it sometimes causes the file to go into clipping when it shouldn't. But anyways you can find it here:

http://www.mgshareware.com/frmmain.shtml

Don't forget to come up with an original name for your remix, OC style! :D

ID3 Tags are as follows, using my Balrog remix as an example:

Title: Blood on the Asphalt: a Tribute to Street Fighter 2 - Balrog Stage 'Mercenary boxing'

Artist: Stephen Malcolm-Howell (Malcos)

Album: Blood on the Asphalt: a Tribute to Street Fighter 2

Year: 2006

Genre: Game

Composer: Stephen Malcolm-Howell (Malcos)

Original Artist: Alfh Lyra, Yoko Shimomura

Copyright: Capcom

Url: www.ocremix.org

Encoded by: Stephen Malcolm-Howell (Malcos)

I soooo excited! This is gonna be great! :D

Final Deadline 25th April

EDIT: Forgot to add, the filename would be:

BotA_a_Tribute_to_Street_Fighter_2_-_Balrog_Stage_Mercenary_Boxing.mp3

EDIT 2: Changed the capital 'A' to a lowercase. Shael reminded me that the article should always be lowercase. And I thought my gammar was good. Oh well.

Probably. :P

There'll be some scrambling on my end, but my two are coming. I only just decided on final arrangements, and I'm about to send my reggaeton to DJSammy for some (last-minute, I'm afraid) scratching; strings still need layering, which is being done now. The vocals will be mixed into both during today and tomorrow. There's a new organ intro for Vega's ending. Stay tuned....

Yeah, I just realised I sent you the wrong version. I'll get the proper one in on tuesday.

Oh kool. That's even better! I just sent you a pm btw. It only does it a couple of times.

Ok KungFu, that's fine. KungFuChicken gets some extra time for coming in so late to do the Vega Stage after Txai dropped out so close to the deadline.

I'm going to have to be starting these vocals from scratch, which emans re-mixing every sound in the song to get it to cooperate with my voice, so I'm going t record them tonight (AT ALL COST) and if I don't submit it at like 5 in the morning, you'll have it by at least 2PM tomorrow (cause If I sleep at 5, I'll wake up at 2, y'see).

I have all the guitar tracks already recorded for akumajo's song and his basic tracks are all recorded too. Also, the mixing process is in a very advanced stage. Now I only have to get in touch with him (what I'm doing right now) so we can decide the best way to mix the track.

Sorry if we're going to be a few days late, but it's almost out of the oven :wink: