Nestor Estrada

chewyroars1001@gmail.com

http://soundcloud.com/nestor-estrada1001

Submission Information:

Metroid

MetroidRemix-T&I

Title

Original music by Hirokazu Tanaka

I originally did this remix as a birthday gift for a friend. He's been asking me to do a guitar arrangement for the Metroid title theme. This took me about two days to complete. After he heard it, he told me I should submit it to ocrmix.org. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Pretty nice production, and some cool percussion and sfx, though the kick feels a little flimsy. The guitar playing is nice, and there textures added are pretty solid. The arrangement plays it very close to the source, however, structure-wise and melodically. The personalization in the backing elements is good, but I think it needs a little more expansion for it to be considered for OCR. A solo would definitely help, or maybe add in some additional themes from the series.

I really like this, but it needs to go a bit further. :-)

No, please resubmit

• 3 weeks later...

sorry, I gotta agree with my fellow judges. I love what you have going here, but it's not compositionally interpretive enough for OCR. the added arpeggios are nice, and the soundscape is definitely personalized, but the rest of the song is pretty much cover territory. great piece, but if you can expand on the arrangement some more, I'd love to put my yes on it. :)

NO(resub)