Your userid

Submission Information

Name of game(s) arranged

Mother 3

Name of arrangement

Sunflowers

Name of individual song(s) arranged

Name These Children (Theme of Love)

Additional information about game including composer, system, etc. (if it has not yet been added to the site)

Who doesn't love this series of games?

Link to the original soundtrack (if it is not one of the sound archives already available on the site)

Your own comments about the mix, for example the inspiration behind it, how it was made, etc.

Well, this is my first submission. I'm one of those Mother freaks, as off as that sounds. I had two days off and wanted to crank this out, since there hasn't been a lot of new submissions recently. I wanna hear more from you guys out there, cause you all make this site F'n GREAT! Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...

Right off the bat, some timing issues that make this feel like it's getting a huge echo or something. The guitars aren't really matching the rest of the track, timing wise. The playing itself is good, but it's not synched with the rest of the track. It might be the overly reverbed soundscape, though. Everything is covered in a wash of reverb that really adds to the muddy sound.

I think re-aligning your guitar takes with the rest of the track and reducing the reverb across the board is a good way to handle things, and from there, it'll be easier to heard what's going on in the arrangement.

No

• 4 weeks later...

Andrew's got the gist of it. There's a ton of reverb here, which is making it pretty difficult to tell if things are in time, which I think they are, but it's just way hard to tell. Along with that, I don't think the backing parts are all quite fitting the original melody very well in spots, and thinks are sounding off as a result. I'm also thinking the overall arrangement might be too close to the source, but it's hard to really tell right now because the subtleties aren't able to come through.

I'd say start with these fix-ups, then hit the WIP-forums to get some further advice before resubmitting. Hope to hear this again, though, the source is nice, and you've got a natural and fun take on it here.

NO

• 3 weeks later...

yeah, the weird timing and reverb are definitely big concerns. however I felt the soundscape in terms of instrumentation was pretty hollow and the lead presence was really underwhelming. some of the harmonic changes and additions weren't exactly pleasant sounding either. sorry to drop a lot of negatives on this; it's not intrinsically bad, but I have to agree that it has a ways to go. do consider hitting up the workshop forum for additional thoughts and advice. :)

NO(resub)