OCR01355 - *YES* Contra 'Snow Field'

djpretzel

http://www.zophar.net/nsf/contra.zip - Track 4

Jack allowed me the pleasure of debuting this one on VGF50, and all was right with the world. Very skilled take on the theme in the now-trademark tefnek style much like previous OC ReMixes like Streets of Rage "Drop and Roll" and Raiden 2 "Airborne", and one which I felt delivered a little bit more on developing original sections as well.

There wasn't too much length in the source material (:34 long), so I definitely recognize that Jack did a great job slowing down, yet expanding, the track and fitting it to the big beat style we all know and love. tefnek - "Can't stop. Won't stop." /groovebias

YES

• 2 weeks later...

Man, why isn't this posted? It kicks some serious ASS and there is no question about that. Massive beats that don't get boring, creative breaks (eg. the acoustic guitar towards the beginning), insane synth action, and a fun arrangement. It's not all that far from the original(s) but I think there is enough original material and variation to make it pass our standard. Stellar quality all around, especially given how minimal the source is.

YES

Well, my main gripe here is the composition is a bit sparse and thin at times. Would have liked to have heard more meat and accompaniment here. It's a very solid arrangement overall, and the synth design, production, fx processing and automation are just first class. I didn't like the ending at all though, it sounded like it just cut off.

Not my cup of tea, but I haven't heard this kind of quality synth production and wizardry in our panel in a long time, I just wish it had some of the same high level substance and compositional richness to boot. A minor complaint though. High quality work regardless. YES

hot, hot, hot. It’s pretty difficult to do something interesting with :34 seconds of source material but what’s here is amazingly engaging and packed full of 4:20 of groove. I’ll echo Gray by saying that the synth processing is top frickin’ notch. Would have liked to go out on a more upbeat note but the intro makes up for it with its no non-nonsense thrust into action. The solo synth guitar section from :44 and it’s integration with the rest of the elements is very slick. Great stuff all around.

done and done…

YES