DragonAvenger

Contact Information

Your ReMixer name: liquid wind

Forum ID: 30427

Submission Information

Name of game(s) arranged: MapleStory

Name of arrangement: Sunrise Over Mardia

Name of individual song(s) arranged: Maps near Ellinia

Additional information about game including composer, system: PC, composer is unknown AFAIK

Link to the original soundtrack:

This started as my entry to PRC156(http://compo.thasauce.net/rounds/view/PRC156) in 2009. it was a free round but going with PRC's theme of under remixed games I went with something I've never seen a remix for, a F2P sidescrolling MMO by the name of MapleStory. Although the game had serious mechanical issues(grindfest to end all grindfests), I still appreciate its sense of aesthetics to this day and love the soundtrack.

After many revisions since PRC156, I uploaded what I thought would be the final version a few months ago when Stevo volunteered to record live guitar for it. As well as offering his guitar skills he also noted a few technical issues with the piece and suggested that I change one of the instruments to the sine lead that is there now. Big thanks to Stevo for being a professional badass!

The remix title comes from the server mardia which was a new server when I used to play this game in 2007

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey, that is a nice source selection :-P

After a while of listening to the intro, I was liking the feel you had going on but wasn't sure where it was going. This is definitely a very slow, additive track that takes its time going where it's going. It's deliberate though, and the gradual buildup and eventual climax actually reminds me a lot of post-rock artists like Sigur Ros, in a way. It's a really pleasant upgrade that, when coupled with some great guitar performances and soothing ambiances, takes some very repetitive, conservative melodies and expands them into something great :-)

This'll be a keeper on my playlist for sure <3

YES

• 3 weeks later...