Your website: soundcloud.com/mattra-1

Your userid: 46911

Submission Information

Name of game(s) arranged: Golden Sun

Name of arrangement: Rebirth of Venus

Name of individual song(s) arranged: Venus Lighthouse

-------------------

• 3 weeks later...

This hits with a nice and beefy sound, and some good minor personalization fill this track out, and a solid handoff to the synth for a lead changeup sound. The drums are well planned out, and though the snare could stand to come up a touch, everything else sounds well balanced.

Solos were brief but solid, and the expansion leading up to the acoustic breakdown was great. This is really a solid track that conveys a sense of urgent adventure, and really plays up the strengths of the original track while adding a lot of your own flair to it. Very classic.

Yes

• 3 weeks later...

I was a little worried at first when the guitar came in that you were going to go into cover territory for the entire track. Thankfully I was pleasantly surprised by a good deal of personalization that really brings a lot of variety to the source. You definitely expounded on the epic feel of the original, and I love the piano intro/outro.

YES

• 1 month later...

I could pretty much quote OA's vote verbatim, this has all the makings of a solid rock remix that should do a lot to please all the Golden Sun fans out there. Some of the synth choices felt like they didn't quite jive with the soundscape, such as the one that plays a quick riff between the two guitar solos, but ehh, it does boil down to a matter of personal taste. The strings get buried beneath the rhythm guitars, which are also lacking some meat in the high ranges and are boosted too much in the lows/low-mids. Again, minor issues that don't affect the song's passability overall.

The arrangement's just on the good side of conservative IMO, with the little solos and extra added riffs pushing it over the edge. I'd like to hear some more personalization in the future for a mix in this style, but what's there works thanks to some really creative changeups and adaptations to different styles within the mix.

Overall, this mix is pretty well-executed, and I'm happy with how it sounds. Props for including things like synth, acoustic, and piano breaks to give this a little more character.

YES

good stuff here, definitely glad to see golden sun get some more love. also gotta agree about that piano, which sounds excellent. the main portion of the mix could have been just slightly brighter in the highs imo, and that synth could've used a little filter automations or something to give it a little more personality, but otherwise this was pretty damn solid. nice guitar performances. keep up the good work!

YES