Sonic and the Black Knight: "With Me" Remix WIP (Critique welcome)

YannickJason

http://www.box.net/shared/hugqxa5ant7dlt5rqghb

I'm new here and really looking to improve. I've been working on this song for a few days now and I've kind of been stuck on where I want it to go.

EQ and instrument choice are somewhat final. I'm trying to achieve a Drum n Bass style through this song, but I feel like I'm not pulling out some element of the song enough.

Suggestions, anyone?

Hey there.

Sounds good. Kick drum is a bit in my face, but that's pretty much the idea with this style. I feel that the song could benefit from some more..."advanced" sounding synths and/or samples though. I think you have a violin in there somewhere? She sounds real fake though. I also feel that the drums and bass are a little too loud because some of the melodies and various sounds aren't cutting through like it seems they should.

All in all though it's great.

Ah, okay. Yeah, I guess it does. Not necessarily a bad thing though, right?

I think MIDI instruments aren't generally well liked around ocremix, as the sounds don't seem to compare to other samples around...Also, as awesome as those low sounds and drums are, they seem to overpower the melody a bit too much imo. The mix as a whole is really cool though :nicework:

I think MIDI instruments aren't generally well liked around ocremix, as the sounds don't seem to compare to other samples around...Also, as awesome as those low sounds and drums are, they seem to overpower the melody a bit too much imo. The mix as a whole is really cool though :nicework:

Alright. I've been trying to find better suited instruments. It's beginning to sound strange with the ones I've chosen. To be clear, I haven't used ANY MIDI instruments in this track, just oscillators and other instruments in FL Studio.

And the drums I can change as well. It did sort of swallow up the song.

Wow, is it just me, or did that last addition make the remix a lot awesome-r?! It's really stepped up from the last version :D! Only think I can think of is what was previously suggested: switching up the string sample used. Perhaps edirol? (And man, that lead at 3:05 really hits the spot :nicework:)

Wow, is it just me, or did that last addition make the remix a lot awesome-r?! It's really stepped up from the last version :D! Only think I can think of is what was previously suggested: switching up the string sample used. Perhaps edirol? (And man, that lead at 3:05 really hits the spot :nicework:)

Thanks! I will have to find Edirol again. It lies dormant somewhere on my hard drive.

• 3 weeks later...

There call "ms general wavetables :evil:"