*NO* Sonic 3D Blast 'Salam Ala Albak' *RESUB*

DragonAvenger

Original decision

Hey, it's Guifrog again with a new version of Salam Ala Albak, from the Main Theme of Sonic 3D Blast (Saturn/PC)! ;D

This has been put on hold for a bit of time, but since I haven't been working on any ReMix lately and this one's my last ready(?) thing to resub, there you go. Adjusted EQ, flute articulations and few percussion issues; bowed strings in the original section don't feel lonely anymore; decided to keep the sitarish/bouzouki-like sound, but put a bit more brightness and decay on it; breakdown's the same. CTRL+V if needed, tho:

0:08-1:08, 1:28-2:28, 3:51-end => Corresponds to 0:00-0:26 of the source;

1:12-1:24, 2:32-2:44, 3:36-3:48 => 0:27-0:38 of the source;

2:48-3:35 => Everything's original.

Link to da mix:

^.^ ribbitzy

------------------

(source links: 1.

, 2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvg_zTUCSI0)

• 3 weeks later...

The bouzouki/sitar lead is a little too bright now, as it feels disconnected from the rest of the track. It also needs some additional velocity work; It sounds like every note it is playing is pounding super-forte. It can have a few notes that powerful, but every one is just too much. Adding a stereo delay would help it sit in the mix without losing the lead-instrument quality of it.

The piano that comes afterwards is still pretty dry; i think some delay on it as well would be nice.

The flute sounds very nicely sequenced by comparison to me.

The arrangement is liberal but connected enough for me to pass, but the mixing itself needs to be improved just a little bit more.

No, please resubmit

• 4 weeks later...

Argh this is just on the line for me. You managed to get a better piano sound and the mixing is a little better this time around but both are still problematic. The lack of realism in the piano and bouzouki sequencing and samples just have too big an impact. The mixing is a problem in the sections where multiple instruments are vying for your attention, but aren't given a separate enough space. The way it's mixed, sometimes you can't tell what the lead is and that gets distracting. Sorry to push back on this one, especially since it's close to the level of your passed songs, but it needs a little more polish.

NO (resubmit)