*NO* Deus Ex 'Unatco'

djpretzel

Probably my favourite track from Deus Ex, so I'm very familiar with it.

The drums in this sound distorted, and the sounds are generally just very harsh and low quality. 0.54 and 2.06 sound very very off-key.

These sounds just really don't go well with each other, especially as it seems that the tempo of the original is similar to this one, but the feel is very different. Not up to OC quality.

NO

not bad for a start. however a lot of typical mistakes are made. the instruments are very simple. more texture would be good.

the dynamics and arrangement seem largely random. there are lots of instances of instruments coming in and dropping out kind of randomly, and the arrangement has lots of repetition and little direction. keep working

NO

http://jadiepoo.com/stuff/Deus%20Ex%20-%20UNATCO.mp3 - UNATCO

Ugly/abrasive/default-ish sounds, and a decent arrangement but still not hugely new or interpretive versus the original UNTACO until 2:24. Things sounded very sparse, and, like mentioned earlier by Vigilante, there was a lack of texture and depth to the piece. Even most older pieces on the site compare much more favorably to this in terms of texture.

Though the sounds were poor, you sound like you have a degree of potential on the composition side. Stick around and use the ReMixing forum to learn how to improve how you're putting everything together and use the WIP forum for feedback before you submit future material.

NO

Not a bad arrangement, but there's really not much meat in this mix. The first minute is way too sparse and simplistic. Synth designs/sounds aren't bad, but they're not used as effectively as could be. The lead in the first sections grew on me though and I liked the delay fx on those. Beyond that, the beat was way too simplistic as well.

I too agree that the mix lacked any direction and given its simplicity there wasn't much to get hooked on. It felt like it was repeating the same thing over and over.

Please use our WIP forum to get feedback and comments before submitting a mix. Not bad, but needs a lot of work in the compositional components and execution. Keep working at it. NO