*NO* Duke Nukem 3D '2005'

djpretzel

Yeah, I remember blowing shit up with Duke Nukem 64 when I first got the Nintendo 64. Always a good time and some scary shit.

I remember this guy's name submitting some really short stuff a couple of months ago. This sub's got a bunch more substance than that last one, but as with any <2:30-long sub, as I learned from Protricity, you better be bringing it on every level if you want a YES.

Overall, this was pretty conservative but you added your own personal flair to the arrangement. To me, it should have been even more interpretive, as I heard the main melody used 4 times, which is basically ad nauseum for an only 1:59-long piece.

Basically a stylized cover without enough interpretation or variation, and vastly underveloped. Production was pretty good, though a little cluttered. Expand the idea considerably Matthias, get more interpretive, and try your hand again.

NO

• 2 weeks later...

We have a bitrate limit of 192 KBPS.

I am in agreement with larry. Nothing really bad here. But where's the arrangement? Consider resubmitting this with more expansion, arrangement - play with the melody, structure, harmony - bring something new to the table. Coverish mixes that aren't explored/developed will not do well in the panel, and will certainly not pass me. Pretty enjoyable on several levels for what it is though, but a NO Override.