Remixer Name: WiiCube64

Email: Rednate99@Yahoo.com

http://www.youtube.com/user/DAFORCEFilms?feature=mhee

ID: 32565

Game Mixed: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Name of Song Mixed: Song of Storms / Windmill Song

Additional Info: None

Name of Mix: Round and Round She Goes

Comments: This is a heavily remastered version of my last Submission "Steampunked Windmill". The only section I kept was my original Piano riff, which I tried to iron out to have a clearer tone. I took your sites advice and filled in the empty tone my original mix had and redid the banjo section to have more of a countermelody tone instead of the second section. I have been working on this since my submission was last judged and I hope you all enjoy it.

The arrangement here is good, but the track's piano is clipping heavily in some spots, It is being pushed so hard, with some very noticeable distortion throughout.

The piano is mainly too loud and compressed, with the velocities slammed up to the max; I suggest bringing them down, and further humanizing them, to make the song sound more natural.

Arrangement wise, the beat seems tacked on and not terribly sophisticated, with a kick pattern that seems to start and stop randomly. You'll want to further ease into it, and create some actual beats including other percussion.

Transitions are pretty nonexistent, though adjusting the percussion to include more would help this.

Needs a lot of work, but I encourage you to continue. :-)

No

• 3 weeks later...

Definitely immediately hearing clipping on the piano, you can pull that back and get a better balance of sound. Going to also be honest, the banjo sample is pretty terrible, I'd look into finding something better. The rest of the sounds are ok, nothing is blowing me away. As Andrew said, the beat is out of place here, and is more distracting to the arrangement then enhancing it. Look into how you can make the drums support what's going on in the arrangement.

On the plus side, you have some pretty cool ideas for the arrangement, and I really like some of the harmonic choices you made. There's definitely some good parts here, but the production is in need of work. Check our WIP forums to get more advice from the forum members.

NO

So harsh! Bright and Loud.

Close-voiced triads on the 1 of the bar held for the whole bar are never a good sign.

Wow this track is really too hot. Lots of digital clipping. Ooops. Aside from that, the writing is too mechanical and simplistic. You have some decent melodic/countermelodic ideas, some decent interplay between the parts, but this needs lots of work.

NO