I have attached my submission for the music remix called 'Lon Lon Dream'

Details:

Remix Name: CTPLR

Email Address: treycwong@gmail.com

Name of Game arranged: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Name of Arrangement: Lon Lon Dream

Name of Individual song arranged: Lon Lon Ranch by Koji Kondo

OCRemix Reference Site: http://ocremix.org/song/1004

Comments: When I heard the original track, I love the feeling and sense of 'trap'. I believe it could be more expressed. Therefore, my remix goal was to have a timeless, dreamy feel, still keeping the Koji Kondo style.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Tracey

----------------

The guitar opens up pretty thin; it is definitely a sample that could stand to be beefed up a bit. The melody is played really straight throughout, with some minor variations in the background. When it does get filled out, the balance gets a little bit off, and crowded in the low mids. Most of the samples actually feel pretty weak to me; the bells are nice, but are dry and could use some delay to help flesh it out.

Overall, this is an ok start, but needs to go further in both the production and arrangement aspects. The samples could use an upgrade and some further processing, and the altered background elements should be more prominent.

No

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think there's anything I can add to Andrew's vote. The samples are one of the biggest factors that need to be addressed, either replacing them with some less thin versions, or giving them a hard one-over to flesh them out. I can also agree that the melody line (especially the repeating part) starts to feel pretty repetitive after a while, and could use a break sooner than when it does come in, or some more altering of the melody.

There's a start, needs work though,

NO (resubmit)

pretty peaceful tune here. could go for a deeper level of interpretation in the melody, but the arrangement itself was fairly personalized. definitely agreed that the samples are the weak link here. the articulation and sustains are also pretty static, especially on the strings. not a bad start however; I'd recommend hitting up the workshop for some more thoughts on this one.

NO(resub)