System: SNES

Track: Stage 3 / Neo Kobe Steel Factory

Composers: Miki Yanagisawa / Masanori Adachi / Tappy Iwase

Remix Name: "Salvation"

Link to original music: http://youtu.be/bymCJ5sZQ-Q

SPC File: http://www.zophar.net/music/spc/contra-3-the-alien-wars.html

Comment:

My second take on "Neo Kobe Steel Factory":

A whole different approach this time as I went for a slower romantic Schumann-like piano, backed by some softly played strings.

I tried to expand on the harmonic content of the original. To my amazement, it started to sound a bit like "Secret of Mana".

I somewhat prefer that version over my other remix of that same track - short but sweet.

Best, Manu

This is actually a really nice arrangement, but at 1:39, it's way too short to feel developed enough. All the material is covered in the style, but beyond that, it doesn't feel very expanded upon. It's like a Contra piano overture, which is sweet, but It should really feel like a completed song. Please expand on this and resub, I really enjoyed what I heard.

No, please resubmit

• 4 weeks later...

Man, that source is terrible! Well, at least unpleasant. Anyways, what you've done here is really pretty cool, and I think it's a great adaption...except that it's so short! You definitely have the ability to arrange more out of this, based on what I'm hearing, I hope you can do so and get it back to us!

NO (resubmit, please)

agreed. this is real nice, a huge departure from the source, but you could definitely expand on this some more. our submission standards generally call for at least 2 minutes of meaningful arrangement; aside from that, this is definitely above the bar. I hope to hear a resubmission with a little more meat. :)

NO(resub)