*NO* Metroid Prime 'Club Aether' *RESUB*

DragonAvenger

Original Decision

ReMixer Name - SMMsideproject

Real Name - Duncan Forster

E-mail Address - duncandudeforster@hotmail.com

Name of games arranged - Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

Name of arrangement - Club Aether

Names of individual songs arranged - Metroid Prime 2: Echoes Main Theme, Tallon Overworld and Torvus Bog Submerged Temple

Comments - Inspired by the "In Your Prime" Metroid Remix by Big Giant Circles. This is a resub of my original version, I finally got around to fixing the huge problems regarding compression and I properly mastered it as well as made a few minor musical adjustments.

-----------------------------

- MP2 Title

- Tallon Overworld

- Submerged Temple

• 5 weeks later...

Gotta say, that start is still pretty shocking, and not exactly in a good way. I think some kind of lead up to that, like a reverse cymbal or a crescendo, would be way less jolting.

Onto the meat of the track, I think you improved a lot of the issues we brought up last time, like the compression and the overly piercing sound. Kudos on that, and I'm thinking this sounds way better.

That being said (this is the 'uh oh' part of the vote), there are some new things brought to light that I think should be addressed. Arrangement I think is fine, and I like a lot of what you did, so no qualms there. What I am hearing now is some really mechanical and less interesting background parts that are a bit too uninteresting and detracting from the more interesting lines you have going on. The piano chords are the first instruments that I am hearing a lot of block chords that are being really hit hard. I'd start by lowering the velocities on those, and then I'd look into stretching out those chords, maybe arpeggiating them or something so they aren't always hitting full force on beat one. Next is the strings, which are also following the straight chord feel, but are pretty mechanical. Humanizing those will help things up there.

A different note, your lead synth is panned slightly to the left, which is a little odd, and I'd like to hear it centered.

So, I think this is super close, but those little details are adding up, especially since the blockiness is prevalent for most of the track. Hope you get these parts done and get it back to us!

NO (resubmit, please!)

The good news is that with the compression decreased, we can hear the track itself now, while there are some good ideas, the high end is still massively overhyped, and the low end is almost non-existent. You will need to rebalance the track to get some more low end and bring the high end down slightly.

There are some good parts, but overall the sequencing is very mechanical, and definitely needs humanization. Certain sections in the drums sound good and exciting, and some are pretty boring, and need spice.

Overall this is a distinct improvement, but still needs work. I recommend hitting up the WIP thread and getting additional advice from our workshop mods. This has potential, but it has a ways to go.

No, please resubmit

The first two votes covered the issues here well. The low-end is largely absent and the drums aren't providing enough power to anchor the track. This also feels pretty simplistic, not much detail or nuance going on in the writing, and too much repetition. In the Submerged Temple section, you pound on that riff way too long - it starts to get irritating. All that said, in the fullest sections like 2:20, things sound really good, and hopefully you can parlay that section into a more polished song.

NO (resubmit)