*NO* Tombs & Treasure 'Well of Sacrifices'

djpretzel

Email sub file Tombs_and_Treasure_Well_of_sacrifices.mp3

Hi-Low

Its me again. Im submitting another song again. again and again.

TOMBS & TREASURE-game over theme named ''well of sacrifice''

it is not the well of sacrifes theme but it is inspired of the ambience of this scene. I wanted to recreate the nice archeological feeling of the game.

Being in a place where hundred of innocent poeple were slain in the name of gods, a place where no one have been since thousand year, with the secret and mystery of an unknow civilization.

simply, it is a trance/ambient mix

flute and voices are sampling/prommaming pecusssion ares half programmed half played guitar is live improvisation over the song

Im sure youre like this one better

well.....maybe

Joel Sim

http://www.zophar.net/nsf/tombsa~1.zip - Track 17

LOVE this soundtrack, so GET IT! I like the ambient feel and this could work decently as an in-game track. The track sounds a bit washed out and needs more clarity. But let's talk specifically about why this can't pass as is.

Now, you remixed a 15-second theme with this source material. Why are you just adapting it to this Middle Eastern style and that's it? The mix just repeats itself every 27 seconds. So already, that's all I need to hear. Little things creeped in here and there, like some faint clicking noise at :55, gradually turning up the ambient pad-type sounds as the track progressed, and the guitar work fading in around 1:36. The changeup at 3:39 was interesting, but too little too late.

For the genre here, your gradual building method was pretty effective and I respect that. But as it relates to the site here, we've gotta get a lot more melodic rearrangement here as well; get interpretive with the actual source tune's composition rather than just adding effects here and there over the 4 minutes. One of the perks of the job is that I get to keep this.

Keep at it, bro. Get more interpretive with things next time around, and perhaps visit the ReMixing forum to learn how to clear up this production a bit. You can achieve this airy ambient feel while bringing about more clarity.

NO

• 2 weeks later...

Nice groove. It’s got a lo-fi Sade vibe to it that could be really cool with better processing and clearer samples. Pushing up the mid to high frequencies on many of the samples (guitar, percussion, pads) would add lots of life to the track. Even the vocals at the end that are intended to be subdued could benefit from additional highs. You also could have gotten a better take on those vocals. The speaker breathes into the mic a few times and the delay echoes the mistakes for what seems like forever.

There is some light clipping throughout the track (eg 1:34, 1:40, 2:59,…) that should be cleaned up.

With this short of a source the ambient mix seems like a good way to go but you’ve gotta keep things alive with plenty of variation. The percussion is way too constant and not many additive elements are thrown in as the track rolls along. The pads are nice but some addition of interesting harmonies or changes in samples would have made them a lot more engaging. Original melodies played on the lead wind instrument would add both variety and personal flare.

Good simple groove here. With some work on the repetition and limited arrangement this mix could sparkle. Keep working at it.

NO

• 2 weeks later...

This sounds like a work in progress, a good foundation for a lot of work yet to be done. But this indeed needs a lot more work.

For an ambientish mix, the soundscape is really sparse. This needs a lot of clever reverb or delay design in my opinion to spice things up. The lead is so lofi and muddy sounding. Work on eqing it in the 5000 hz and 8000hz range to add some shimmer to it.

I hear a lot of crackling/audio problems throughout, like at 2:35, 3:14-3:16. This alone is reason enough to reject the mix.

Needs quite a lot more polish and work. I hope you consider working on this more, cuz it has a really cool vibe and there's a lot of promise here. But this, as is, is a NO.