*NO* Kingdom Hearts 'Nearly Beloved'

djpretzel

Email sub file kh.mp3

name: Chrispy

email: chrispysaid@yahoo.com

url: http://www.todayofdays.com/

please disregard the last email I sent. this is an updated version of the song. I was listening to it, and realized it was rather lackluster, so I improved upon it by adding a trance-esque section to it, with a more persistant beat and a steadier kick. again, I apologize for any information that may be missing, this was all I could do, but I do hope you will at least listen. it would be an honor if you did, even if it didn't make it on the site. thanks so much

Kingdom Hearts - 101 "Dearly Beloved"

http://www.snesmusic.org/spcsets/ct.rsn - "Chrono Trigger (part 2)" (ct-1-02b.spc)

Oy, MIDI-rippish beginning for the first 36 seconds with a terribly harp-like synth. Total sound downgrade going for a minimalist approach. Some string pad entered in at :26 to at least add something. Some breakbeat style stuff entered in at :57 and this track is still barren.

Finally some new ideas at 1:26, but it was just a slowed doen version of the Chrono Trigger theme thrown on top. Some phasing synths faded in at 2:00. Just seems to be the addition of a new sound every few seconds or so. Too bad the sounds are so poor, and that foundation of "Dearly Beloved" has been taken verbatim instead of rearranged in its own right.

Not really gonna keep track or any further additions. Admirable for a first try, but a very weak track otherwise. Head over to the ReMixing forum and figure out how to score better sounds for free, then rearrange the source material in future efforts. This additive approach as is just doesn't fly.

NO

A bit on the repetitive side and fairly conservative as well. The synth and drum work, while not completely horrible or anything, simply don't meet the standards of the site. Bit of a weak ending as well.

You just need more practice working with synths and I'm sure you'll start to hear some better results. Just keep working at it, man.

NO

Not bad but it’s not very engaging. As things are, the intro synths don’t have much life at all and are in dire need of some spicier processing. The beat that comes in at 0:54 is ok, but again it’s flat and it also varies very little throughout the rest of the track. The pitch bends on the lead synth starting at 1:28 bring some much needed captivating energy to the mix. Unfortunately, after their introduction they simply repeat along with many of other elements of this mix.

Sounds like FL defaults for the most part (Sytrus perhaps?), which isn't necessarily bad but I agree with Israfel; a little practice and you should be good Chrispy. This is a nice first effort though. You shouldn't forget the WIP forum for helpful mixing advice and you also shouldn't forget to keep working at it.

NO

Very basic, simplistic and sparse sounding for the most part. Needs more reverb. To give it some space and texture. The percussive booms before the 2 minute mark are out of place, you have this slow sparse calming piece then here comes the massive percussive booms.

Nothing terribly wrong here, but not much right either. This needs more work on the concept, arrangement and execution. Use our Works In Progress forum to get feedback before you submit a mix.

NO