Play That Funky (Metal) Music

I felt like making a short little metal jam based on the "Play that funky music" riff by Wild Cherry.

http://soundcloud.com/angelcityoutlaw/play-that-funky-metal-music

I'm not a mixer, as most people who know me can testify to. So don't expect any mind-blowing production, but tell me what you think of the song.

I felt like making a short little metal jam based on the "Play that funky music" riff by Wild Cherry.

http://soundcloud.com/angelcityoutlaw/play-that-funky-metal-music

I'm not a mixer, as most people who know me can testify to. So don't expect any mind-blowing production, but tell me what you think of the song.

Niice) Listen to Gar! Just a bit in Highs for guitar OR/AND mess with master track EQ or put MB compressor there)

Always forgetting to ask you. What do you use for guitar tone?

Niice) Listen to Gar! Just a bit in Highs for guitar OR/AND mess with master track EQ or put MB compressor there)

Always forgetting to ask you. What do you use for guitar tone?

Thanks Mak.

I actually have a very basic set-up....like, very basic. Just a Jackson guitar and a Line 6 Spider III amp. The world's most hated guitar amp.

You the second dude who said it to me.. Or it was you? Never mind.

I think I need that world's most hated guitar amp

Well, if I could do it over again I would've bought something different.

I was young and stupid (still am), but I bought the amp for 500$, 120 watts. I had too much money at the time and for the money I spent on it, I could've bought something cheaper with better tone. In my opinion anyway.

You can't get Spider III anymore; they have version IV out now. They're great little amps for jamming and recording demo tracks though.

They used to sell the peavey 6505+ as a combo for just 600$ a few years ago. I doubt they still have that available however...