*NO* BlazBlue 'Rimelight (Vanr Remix)'

DragonAvenger

I dig the intense electronica style you've got going on here, it's a very hard-hitting arrangement with some really well-executed breakdowns that I particularly enjoyed.

There's a few issues holding it back, though. First off, there's an air of repetitiveness that pervades throughout the whole song. During all of the upbeat sections you use the same lead synth for your melodies, which becomes very grating on the ears considering how rough the synth sound is in the first place. It's a pretty appropriate sound for the genre, but works best when used in moderation and not as the single carrier for all of the melodies in the song. The extended outro at the end is also a little bit too much for me - I think you could have cut down about 20-30 seconds of it and still achieved the same effect.

For the most part, your transitions are really cool, but there's one that appears at 2:11 and again at 4:40 that completely kills the momentum your track has going. Definitely smooth those two points out if you're gonna resubmit this.

Other than that, this is a pretty solid track. The mixing is a little tight and wall-of-sound-ish, causing a loss in dynamics during the upbeat parts, and a loss of definition for certain instruments, but overall I felt like the production level here was acceptable. Just work on your transitions and changing up your lead sound more, and I think this will be okay.

NO (resubmit!)

That lead synth sound definitely needs to be tamed in the higher end frequencies, my ears are shredded by the end of the first listen. ;_;

Overall things felt pushed a little too hard and I think toneing down the harshness of the compression and the lead would help give this some more room to breathe.

The arrangement felt like it really dragged as well, I think this needs some pretty liberal editing; I didn't really feel the sections where not much was going on besides some voice clips; i'd take a look at those first.

No

Not much to add to what the gentlemen have said already. I will agree that this isn't super repetitive, but you do hear some of the same licks a few times in pretty much the same context, and overall there could be more of the little changes to keep things more interesting. The slower sections feel a little sparse, aside from the voice clips, as Andrew has said. Adding a little more there while not intruding on the voice would be a good start.

NO