>-----Original Message-----

>From: Juu-Ling Andrew [mailto:jabricruds@hotmail.com]

>Sent: Sunday, March 20, 2005 2:51 AM

>To: submissions@overclocked.org

>Subject: Submission

>

>Contact Info

> ReMixer name : "Alloy and Biostatic"

> Real name : Max Cheung (Alloy), Nik Cheung (Biostatic)

> Email address : Jabricruds@hotmail.com

>

>ReMix Info

> Name of game Remixed : Earthbound

http://www.snesmusic.org/spcsets/mo2.rsn - "Battle Against a Weird Opponent" (mo2-029.spc)

Cover-ish stuff with some oomp-tss and other simple stuff on top until :37-1:14 introduced some new melodic content as the lead, and went back to the cover formula. Pretty sparsely constructed, too conservative in the effort to expand the original, and not developed into anything meaningful.

NO

Good Ideas.... Poor Excecution.... Too Short......

Turning the entire progression into Dminor, A7 works well especially with the accompinament figure at 0:56 outlining the chords. The melody starts to fade but then returns with the same voicings as the original now outlining Dminor and C#minor. The drumwork here is good fun for me. IN YO' FACE sixteenth notes out of nowhere when the rest of the song had a swing feel. Then the song ends having only just begun. This Ambuish the listener strategy could work well if you kept it up. Have things stay relatively plain for long stretches of time and then every once and a while SMACK 'EM UP with some wild unexpected stuff.

The sounds are far too simple to be doing so little. If you want this sort of sparse instrumentation then you need your sounds to be fuller to make up for it. Just things as simple as chorus and reverb can go a long way in this direction. I would also recommend that you replace that static sound with a real snare drum.

This could really turn into something special!

NO

Fun, understated stuff. I tend to be more forgiving of the sparseness of the arrangement and if wasn't for the general dearth of interpretation I might lean towards passing this. But unfortunately, the majority of this mix is essentially a cover of the original with drums and some effects; the new melodic interlude is nice, but it's not enough for this to be an acceptable mix. You've got a lot of ideas to play around with here- you could really expand on the original more and make this one longer.

NO