*NO* Tetris (GB) 'Trance Redemption'

djpretzel

Hi,

I'm Apoc, a french musician. I contact you to submit a Tetris' remix I've made.

It's disponible here :

Here are my infos :

ReMixer name : Apoc

Email : apoc@dissidence-show.com

Userid : I haven't one yet :P

ReMix infos :

Name of the game : Tetris

Name of the ReMix : Trance Redemption

No add informations about the game

No original soundtrack

My comments : Made with Modplugtracker.

I hope this mix will enjoy you ^^

Best regards

Apoc

http://www.zophar.net/gbs/tetris.zip - Track 2

Dan pretty much summed it up. Nothing much besides trance and solo synth piano (with the same velocity on every note) adaptatios trading off for 3+ minutes. I'd say more, but we just don't want this, so read the submissions standards next time. Be more creative; no simplistic covers.

NO

Use generic ingredients to make a cake and you get a generic cake.

Some ideas that might help with your next trance mix:

- The chord changes on the intro pads are way too slow allowing chords to bleed together which in this instance sounds sloppy. There’s a similar but less pronounced problem with the bass when it enters. Make sure that doesn’t happen or that it works with the mix.

- That overused open hi-hat rarely sounds good unless it’s processed to death or layered with something. Make all of your sounds more interesting using FX processing and layering.

- Watch the delay on the sawtooth synth . It’s a little much throughout but especially towards the end which causes a lot of mushiness.

- Try for more interesting dynamic variety than slow section, fast section, slow section,…. Also, the transitions here are OK but they could be improved.

- Head to OCR’s ReMixing and WIP forums for some good tips and feedback.

Keep working at it.

NO

This is just about the most simplified arrangement you could do. Besides some minute chord switch-ups, and standard oom-tss instrumentation, this is a pretty direct "tekno-conversion".

A very clear NO. Read the FAQ for submission information.

Indeed. Also the piano in the beginning is horribly lo-fi sounding! That needs some major EQ work. I don't know what exactly you did, or if the piano sample was bad naturally. In fact the whole mix has a lot of production problems. From a sonic perspective, everything just sounds dull/lofi, muddy and messy.

Please use our Work In Progress/Completed forum to get feedback before submitting. NO