*NO* BIT.TRIP RUNNER 'He Just Keeps Running and Running'

DragonAvenger

Hey, this is my first time submitting a work. This is a remix of the

BIT.TRIP RUNNER Zone 1 music. I took some liberties but the main

theme is still very evident. I have no idea if this is up to OC Remix

standards, I guess I am about to find out!

Artist: Incinerator Drone (real name: Andrew Nee)

Song: He Just Keeps Running and Running

Enjoy!

-Andrew

---------

Can't say that lead synth is working for me. It's pretty piercing when it gets up high, and overall I'm just not feeling it. Aside from that, I felt like the overall arrangement was a little static, without much development throughout the track. Even with your change-ups in the instrumentation, the fact that you've got the same progression played over and over is dragging this down. Altering the progression in some points would help, and maybe taking more sections out of context or giving it a new context would help.

Talking with Emunator, he mentioned the ride cymbal being too up front, and I'll agree with that; it could come down a bit. The snare feels a little weird as well, but I'm not as bothered by that. I think this is close, but it needs some work to be site ready for me.

NO (resubmit)

This is actually a pretty borderline call for me, I do personally like your lead writing, and you do a good job changing things up in your soundscape so that no single synth takes too much time in the limelight.

I'm with Deia though, the arrangement feels pretty bland and I think it's got a lot to do with the generic/repetitive bassline. This is gonna sound vague, but I think you need to do more with the patterns you've got and change up your progression at some point so it doesn't grow stale.

Production issues: your rides are way too up-front, the snare has a muffled sound to it (too much on the EQ cuts, maybe?) and in general your drums don't feel like they've got the same level of stereo width as your synths, which makes for a bit of an odd listening experience. The drums are all confined to the center and don't have the same kind of expansive, enveloping feel that the rest of your sounds have. That's a relatively minor issue in the big picture and I'm not sure if it's something any other judges would even notice, but I thought I'd bring it up anyway.

This has a neat vibe and, while I'm not really blown away by any of your synth choices or the arrangement, this was an enjoyable listen that didn't feel like it quite lifted off the ground. See what you can do to bring your arrangement up to the next level and iron out some production issues, and I think this'll be good.

NO (resubmit!)

I think the other judges have made some good comments that I generally agree with. I think the lead synth issues come from when it plays staccato notes, as that is when it really spikes in. I think lengthening the decay time on the synth would help it feel a little more natural and expressive.

I do feel it is close, but the arrangement could stand to be a little more exciting and have a few production aspects massaged. very good candidate for a resub.

No, please resubmit