*NO* Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2 'Diagla's Last Stand'

DragonAvenger

Contact Information

Username: timaeus222

Name: (if approved, then display my name as "Timaeus.EXE")

http://m-pcr.co.cc/

ID: 39971

Submission Information

Game: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2

Remix Title: Dialga's Last Stand

Game Boy Advance(Red Rescue Team)/Nintendo DS(Blue Rescue Team)

No direct link to the specific original song; YouTube videos, available below, can be viewed instead (all are of the same song):

Composed in FL Studio.

Link: (160 kbps was the minimum required for greatest quality in this case)

Extra info: "Okay, so this remix was a WIP for about 5 months... I did so much to it that it has over 40 timeline tracks and over 68 channels!

A lot of various sounds and effects were used, such as double-layered pads to cover attack and cutoff rates, distorted phasers, glitchy drums, and electric blues guitar.

Now, I recently got Guitar Rig, and I think it's seriously awesome. It definitely adds more realism to my guitar tracks and gives me a whole new resource to experiment with. Same with Zebra 2.5. There's so much I could make with it, and I've actually made two songs that have almost all Zebra instances.

This remix was partially inspired by TheGuitahHeroe's remix of Sky Tower, I think it was. There is a bit of that style in here, plus some adaptations of my own with other influences, such as the guitar tone of pasterofmupets and the ambience of zircon's songs. Hehe, what can I say? They're unbelievable.

Overall, I've enjoyed the time I spent on this remix, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did when I was making it!

- Timaeus

• 1 month later...

Can't complain about more PMD mixes, I love the soundtracks quite a bit! This theme in particular is quite heroic, and I think you've done a good job expanding on that. What I find the strongest aspect of it is how often you bring the main riff back but approached differently each time. There's a lot of variety that keeps things interesting.

The production shows a lot of care as well. The soundscape is nice and full, and well balanced. I like the instrument choices you used; everything fits together nicely. If I were to nitpick anything, I'd say I felt like there were some times where things were fading in and out a bit awkwardly.

Easy vote for me.

YES*Changed below*

• 1 month later...

Some pretty nice synthwork here, I felt the arrangement balance was a little strange and distant at first, with super weak sounding drums. Some more powerful drums do come in, but i think that maybe with these big tonal shifts, there should be more leadup to new sounds. The organic fade and such is pretty good, but some power fills would really help. Aw the song goes on i can't help but wish that the drum were stronger, with a more pronounced kick and snare to really drive the track. It's that lack of energy that is the main sticking point for me, as i enjoyed the arrangement.

Overall its close, but i'd like to hear the kick and snare beefed up.

no, please resubmit

I agree with OA, the heavier drums that kick after a while should be the intro drums, and then an even bigger kick at least should drop in. The kick in particular is just a little weedy.

Some fairly intricate synth lines that work very well going on, but there's just a lack of energy. You could do with some more high end, either EQ on the synths or a really solid hi-hat/crash. At the moment all the cymbal samples sounds quite nasty and are very quiet. Definitely needs a bigger kick, and you may as well take a look at the snare while you're at it. The build up to the drop in could be a little more dramatic too.

Very promising arrangement, just needs a bit more drive and energy in the production. I'd really like to hear another version of this.

NO, plz resub

• 2 weeks later...

Relistened to this, and I'm definitely hearing what the gentlemen are saying; maybe my volume was way high before, but this definitely is sounding very distant. Beefing up the drums as well would definitely improve this. Still enjoying the arrangement itself a lot, so fixing up those issues are worth it!

NO (resubmit)