Recommended Drum Samples for Chiptune Productions?

I tried to write virt and others I know who are pretty popular in the non-dance genres of chiptune for suggestions, but I guess when you're a hot shot musician, you don't bother to write the little people back, so I'm going to try here.

I've been working on a chiptune album for Ubiktune and in more of the Progressive rock-chiptune styles they do, but I'm not really happy with my chiptune drum samples. Would anyone be able to recommend a drum sample set, 8bit or no, that typically sound good with an NES collection of instruments?

And no, I'm not using trackers. I hate them and now none of them even work on my computer anyway. I don't know how or why, thats just the conclusion I came to.

You can either bitcrush drum samples, or have them processed through the DPCM conversion in Famitracker if you want some authentic NES quality samples.

If you want to go for synthetic drums it's all about your synth programming experience. There are also some instrument packs for Famitracker you could sample. Emulating NES white noise through VSTs is almost impossible, I don't know of any VST that can handle the duty cycle switch.

Trackers is pretty much the optimum way to go. If you hate using them you can just sequence some basic notes and bounce to .wav for use in any DAW.

I would try that except I can't even get any of the good trackers, Famitracker included, to even run on my computer.

http://ubiktune.org/releases/ubi019-various-artists-up - this is the album I've been studying as I prepare it, particularly virt and Blitz Lunar's tracks. Those don't sound like normal 8bit drums, I thought surely they must be something else.