Indie Bible

I'm trying to revamp my self-marketing efforts and I'm considering trying The Indie Bible - which at $39.95 is not cheap.

My question is if anyone here has used it or continues to use it and how useful it might be to someone with a variety of non-mainstream genres he works in like me - chiptune, VGM, ambient, etc.

Here's the website: http://www.indiebible.com/about.html.

Does anyone use this and could vouch for its usefulness?

• 4 weeks later...

Well the KvR forum has over 100k members, when I checked a year ago, spanning from regular bedroom producers John / Jane Doe's to professional studio musicians with many years of experience. It has a forum called Music café that lets you post your music and get reviews from the members there. And since there's pro musicians with decent knowledge about marketing I'm sure you can find something useful there.

Now I dunno what's up with KvR at the moment. It seams their site has some issues currently. But I'm pretty sure they upgrade something on their site, so check back there during this weekend.

I think there's a not-small disconnection here. The KVR Forums and Post-and-pray models of forums like those are considerably different than The Indie Bible which, if I understand correctly, is a giant list of radio stations, record labels, music supervisors, websites, and other resources for submitting your music and getting it out there. KVR is likely on there.

I'm just wondering if anyone's used it and found any success/failure at submitting to those places.

Hey jobro - are you the same guy that does jobromedia? If so, welcome. I've seen you around on KVR for years :P

Anyway, I have an edition of the Indie Bible from a few years ago. I actually never got around to submitting to anything but it is a pretty comprehensive list of alive/active labels, publishers, radio stations, etc. Literally just a giant list pretty much.