*NO* R-Type '1 Music Rearrange'

OceansAndrew

Your ReMixer name : Kwstasg

Your real name : Kostas Giannakakis

Your website : NA

Your userid : http://ocremix.org/forums/member.php?u=48583

Submission Information

Name of game(s) arranged : R-Type 1

Name of arrangement : R-Type 1 Music Rearrange (Stage 1)

Name of individual song(s) arranged : R-Type 1 Music Rearrange (Stage 1)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaPU7Kej0oo

This is taking the source and expanding on it in a cool way, but arrangement wise, it feels a bit too conservative, but mainly, it just ends. I think you have a good start, and the production feels above the bar, but it needs further arrangement and expansion, and an ending. Something, anything, really.

No, please resubmit

• 1 month later...

Going to agree with Andrew on this. This is a good start to a mix, but overall it's pretty close to the original. I can't say I'm a fan of the super short melody notes; they feel like they're trying really hard to be non-existent. Drums are also pretty basic, and the kick feels pretty up front in the soundscape compared to the rest.

Plenty to address with the arrangement itself, but there's some production aspects that can be tweaked as well. Also, touching up the ending!

NO

I think my biggest gripe with this mix is that it just sounds a little too generic. There's not much going on with the arrangement side of things, and the sounds themselves are solid but nothing that hasn't already been used a bunch of times before. The sound choices are pretty static throughout the mix, as well... there's not many changeups or additions going on either. You'd need to expand significantly on either your arrangement or sound choices, or preferably both in order to get this passed.

NO