*NO* Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn 'Eternal'

DragonAvenger

SUBMISSION INFO:

REMIXER NAME: Teaganbear

EMAIL ADDRESS:

User ID: 10710

Name of game(s) arranged: Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn

Name of arrangement: Eternal (i know it's pretty close to Eternal Bond but it's what I wanted to call it. I didn't make this only for OC Remix so I hadn't freshened up on the submission rules when I named the song)

Name of individual song(s) arranged: Eternal Bond

Additional information about game including composer, system, etc. (if it has not yet been added to the site): NONE

Link to the original soundtrack (if it is not one of the sound archives already available on the site):

Your own comments about the mix, for example the inspiration behind it, how it was made, etc:

I posted my first Fire Emblem remix called "Radiance" on YouTube and a user challenged me to make another track that only focused on remixing "Eternal Bond". I gladly the accepted the challenge and set out to blow my first remix to pieces with a better one.

• 1 month later...

Is it just me, or does the source tune have a lot of instruments that are a little behind the beat? That's terribly annoying to listen to. This mix, however, does not have that problem. There's also a lot of little details and personalization going on that adds a lot of energy to this. I think the soundscape works well, and the sounds, while a little generic, are used to their strengths.

I am disappointed that the second half is pretty much a copy-paste of the first. You presented a lot of really cool ideas in the first half, so I know you can do more with the second. As is, I can't let it go. Either shortening the mix or revamping the second half is going to be needed for this to pass. (Go with the second option, IMO).

NO (resubmit, please!)

Haha, this source is burned into my head after spending way too much time playing Radiant Dawn, and I like what you've done here. However, Deia got the primary critique absolutely right, this either needs to be shortened or expanded further in the second half of the mix. Everything you've already got here is great and almost certainly OCR-quality, but the arrangement is pretty drawn out here.

Also, words cannot describe how cheesy the self-namedrop vocal clip felt :-P That honestly just sounds bad to me :-(

Send this one back our way!

NO (resubmit!)

• 4 weeks later...