Pokémon Conquest

Mirby

I don't think it's too shallow not to buy it and enjoy it, I just think it could be a bit more complex. To me, the game feels very much like an FFTA game but it falls short of that greatness by being a little limited. For instance, your Pokemon only have access to one attack. How cool would it have been if your Pokemon could learn more of the different moves from the main series games( even if they have to be tweaked ) so they could augment things like defense, movement range, attack range, attack power. In the released game the depth of the battling is little more than type advantages( a trademark of the original games, only simplified even further ) and often the single move your Pokemon has access to changes type/range when it evolves. Learning different moves as you increase your bond would've enabled your pokemon to be more versatile and would've added incentive to going for 100% bond rating. Toward the end, the battles felt less and less satisfying as I could just lay into the enemy with my evolved monsters. And collecting Items from treasure boxes wasn't ever any fun because of the weird item use system.

Other than being a bit limited, the game was a joy to play. I like the detailed Pokemon sprites and animations and the music is great. I give the game an enthusiastic B+. ( I hope the next one is more like the FFTAs )