The Legend of Zelda - Gerudo Valley [Remix]

Nachoswolf

Well, I decided to remix my favorite song from the Zelda series. It's made using FLStudio 10 Producer Edition, and I used a keyboard to jam my way to a remix I'm pretty much proud of. So please feel free to listen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV7_QsLwbIw

(crappy quality, if you want to listen to the original .mp3 I can email it to you)

Please tell me what you think, youtube comments or here, doesn't matter. And last but not least my apologies for poor English. :)

- Nachoswolf

I never understood the appeal of this source, so take my source-related crits with a grain of salt. While there's a lot of cool mixes of it out there, most seem to be a redo of the original with guitar and all that. This at least doesn't jump straight to the guitar, so I got my hopes up a bit. But then... :P

This does differ plenty from so many mixes that build too close to the original, this deviation imo is only a good thing. Nice groove. The melody gets buried, tho. Think through your levels mixing some more. Nice break, tho it exposes the stiff sequencing and rigid samples. Humanize where necessary. More groove. :D Might be a bit long, this remix, some changes to the chordal structure and resulting changes to melody might provide some much-needed variation. Nice key change. Yeah, it's a bit too long. Winding down around 4:10. There we have some key and chord changes.

And I felt the groove, so you're doing something right. :D

Man I always hate getting shot down

Good thing I'm not totally shooting you down :razz:

To really sum it up though, I think your composition is pretty good and you vary it up pretty nicely and even change up Gerudo Valley in a nice way. I have to say though the style of the song doesn't feel like it knows itself too well. It's always nice to have a general idea of what you're trying to do when you start out, this really kind of feels like you just tried whatever which isn't necessarily bad but you should know exactly what feel you're going for (ex. dance, techno, jazzy maybe, hip hop).

But on the production side I have to say it could be way better, your samples and soundfonts or whatever along with your use of FX isn't super duper and you could easily try to make things sound WAY more legit than this. I mean I also have FL Studios 10 Producer edition and I'm not trying to brag but if you listen to some of my stuff you might hear some strings or sliced loops that sound pretty sweet (and I mean... I suck). You should really try to harness the power of your DAW here, FL Studios is one of the most user-friendly and most powerful DAWs and it can take you anywhere your mind can think of.

But seriously keep going, do some more, learn some more, get better, post it when you've polished it up and all that good stuff.

Thank you, and shooting people down is not too bad in this situation, I mean, I want to get better and better, and then I have to know what I'm doing wrong so I can eliminate it. Btw when you say so, I'm actually struggling with defining the genre of this song, anyone got any idea?

Could you please give me a link to your stuff? I would really like to listen to it. :)

Thank you, and shooting people down is not too bad in this situation, I mean, I want to get better and better, and then I have to know what I'm doing wrong so I can eliminate it. Btw when you say so, I'm actually struggling with defining the genre of this song, anyone got any idea?

Could you please give me a link to your stuff? I would really like to listen to it. :)

Totally! http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/474367

Don't just look at me though (cause to me I'm still like a bit above beginner)

I'd recommend Zircon (who's an artist on here, and he's like one of the main OCREmix people in my opinion. He's got stuff on Youtube so go check it out.

I'd also recommend Madeon (Youtube) and Deadmau5, they're both avid FL Studios users and their stuff is amazing!

It's nice to see what FL Studios can do. :-)

You got some really good stuff, dude! It's really inspiring to see others success with FL, make me wanna use it even more! :)

Totally! http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/474367

Don't just look at me though (cause to me I'm still like a bit above beginner)

I'd recommend Zircon (who's an artist on here, and he's like one of the main OCREmix people in my opinion. He's got stuff on Youtube so go check it out.

I'd also recommend Madeon (Youtube) and Deadmau5, they're both avid FL Studios users and their stuff is amazing!

It's nice to see what FL Studios can do. :-)

You got some really good stuff, dude! It's really inspiring to see others success with FL, make me wanna use it even more! :)

Thanks! It really is a powerful program, I'd recommend it any day.

P.S. I'd recommended some tutorials too,

1. Zircon's Guide to something or another (can't remember the name) but it's here on the Workshop!

2. Warbeats.com

3. FL Studio Guru, which is actually imageline's own tutorials, pretty interesting.

Neat stuff! btw would you recommend any downloads from warbeats?

Ocre mix = nice one :-)

Thanks! It really is a powerful program, I'd recommend it any day.

P.S. I'd recommended some tutorials too,

1. Zircon's Guide to something or another (can't remember the name) but it's here on the Workshop!

2. Warbeats.com

3. FL Studio Guru, which is actually imageline's own tutorials, pretty interesting.